Xenia control

sucram

Propagate them how? Just rip them off the rock? I don't want the remaining bits to regrow. Does anyone do the old "syringe full of kakwasser" trick on xenia?

bartman

There are lots of people that will BUY your ecess xenna. Its a fairly popular coral. Go to the trader boards and you will find ample people that would be interested in some pieces of it. Think of it as a good thing. If your Xenna is growing that rapidly you are doing something right :).

scruz

they are easy to prpogate.if you can put small rocks next to the mother colony,they will creep onto them as they grow.if they grow onto the glass,use a razor blade to scrape them off and rubbere band them onto a piece of rock-great to trade for supplies or whatever.

jferrier

OK my xenia doesn't seem to grow quite as quickly as weeds. Just how fast are we talking here. How long to double in size?
And what kind of lights do you unfortunate people that have to prune yours run?

sucram

I got the first sprig last June. It started splitting slowly, but then took off a few months ago. I figure it grew to about 70 individuals since I got it. I have 4x96watt PC's. They're pretty close to the top, which is probably the reason for their success. Check out the link to my site, you can't miss them.