yellow tang, belly definately not full...

clarkiiboi

I have had him for about 4 months. The problem is--- I can literally see its rib cage! I feed every other day a combo of brine, Formula 2, spirunilla pellets (sp way off, but you know what I mean), another type of algea based food (forgot the name now) and flakes for the other fish. He eats well, but I am concerned---I would like him to be plump, healthy looking. I tried all colors of seaweed selects, but my darn sebae clown pulls it off whatever I attach it to and "feeds" an invisible host, so I have to watch and pull it out of the LR she hid it in. Any other feeding suggestions? Thanks :thinking:

clarkiiboi

Originally posted by Kip4130
rubberband it to a rock

Have done that, along with other ways to hold it down, the clown still takes pieces and I have to find it later. Concern still is about why I see the tang so skinny even though it eats everything I put in the tank?

clarkiiboi

kip color is good, but I can literally see its sides caved in with ribs showing all the time---other than that, it acts ok. I have had my tank up and running 2 years, so this seems abnormal for any fish.
jwtrojan44
Feeding every other day. I cant keep nori or anything on a clip in the tank without the clown ripping pieces off taking it to "an invisible host" (I removed her anenome about six months ago) so she hides it under a certain rock, why I do not understand. NO grazing is allowed in my tank I guess, b/c of the clown :notsure:
I'll will try to feed everyday and see what happens from now on, just concerned with parameter problems---it has (every other day) has worked for the last 2 years....

krowleey

i crumple mine up and feed it like flake and my tang munches it up, but he is the boss of the tank, they do have wierd stomachs tho hard to tell if they are full or not