yet another stocking question

muggiwhplar

I have a 75-gallon reef with a 40-gallon sump/fuge and an AquaC EV-240 skimmer. My current fish are a pair of gold-stripe maroon clowns, a hippo tang and a firefish. I would like to add a watchman goby, a radiant wrasse, and possibly a mandarin (I have a pretty substantial pod population). My top priority is keeping the water pristine for my SPS, but I'm thinking I could probably get away with this large bio-load considering the relatively large sump and skimmer. Any opinions?

krista921

hippos are big swimmers so 75s prolly the smallest you can keep it in
i would honestly only pick one or MAYBE two of those fish you mentioned

muggiwhplar

Yeah, that tang is still relatively small, so I think he's still pretty happy with the space he's got. I'm more concerned about bio-load at this point. I didn't think that gobies and mandarins were big waste-producers, so I thought I might be able to get away with adding all three of those fish. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

muggiwhplar

Originally Posted by TangWhispr
http:///forum/post/2477030
sounds like you have all the answers...why bother asking if you're just going to go against what they say?
What's with the attitude? Since when is continuing a discussion "going against what they say"? I didn't say she was wrong; I just elaborated upon my reasoning for thinking it might be safe to add those fish to the system so that either she or someone else might elaborate upon reasons why I shouldn't. Do you have any thoughts on the matter or did you just want to complain?