You know your a fishkeeper when...

snakeblitz33

Hi all, I wanted to start this thread because I saw it on another message board and thought it was halarious. So, it starts like this:
You know you are a fishkeeper when:
1. Your neighbors peek through the window to find out what that eerie blue glow is.
2. You have spent more on your tank then you have on your car.
3. You know the names and cell phone numbers of the lfs owners within 50 miles.
4. All your family and friends know you as "the fish guy."

keri

LOL
I'm pretty sure my neighbours across the street think the "eerie blue glow" coming out of the basement windows is a grow op....

yerboy

you know your a fish keeper when you sneek around your house with a small flashlight so as to not disturb your fish's night time...
or is that just me?

wade163

HA....i did that one last night...tried to clean my living room around 2 when I came home...and I did so with a flashlight!!

snakeblitz33

you know you are a fishkeeper when...
1. someone is talking about military tanks and you start talking about your aquarium.
2. you spend more on your saltwater fish tank in one week then you do on food.
3. ponder over how to make a DIY protein skimmer at a board meeting
4. plan out a fishroom at your cousins funeral.
5. everytime you go out of town, you find yourself wondering through another fish store.
6. you don't have a tv anymore.
7. you talk more about your fish tank than you do anything else...

tarball

You know you are a fishkeeper.
1. When a family member walks into the aquarium room and asks you.
Who are you talking too?
2. You know you are a fish keeper when you spend more time in front
of the aquarium then watching television. ( That’s a good thing )
3. You know you’re a fish keeper when you decided to stay home Saturday
night to clean the aquarium. Instead of partying with your friends.
4. You know you’re a fish keeper when you are more knowledgeable then the employee’s
at *****.
5. You know you are a fish keeper, when you spend more money on the setup of your SW aquarium. Then you spent on your fiancée wedding ring.

snakeblitz33

You know you are a fishkeeper when:
1. you know more about the fish and corals you are buying then your local fish store.
2. you start to write a book about saltwater aquariums, because you think the current one's need to be updated.
3. You have read more saltwater books than actual books in your life.
4. When someone mentions shrimp, you don't think of the tasty cooking kind.
5. You spend more time researching saltwater aquariums than you do on your work or homework.
6. you hide your reciepts from your wife
7. you open up a personal checking account for your saltwater aquarium so your wife doen't find out how much it REALLY costs.
8. you open your wallet and moths come fluttering out.
9. you think you could run a fish store better then the people already in town.
10. you get excited over setting up a new aquarium, even though you already have 8 in your house
11. you have a slight fog in your house, and your windows constantly have condensation.
12. your protein skimmer is taller then your son/daughter.

pastor b.

Dear hobbyists', You know your a fish keeper when:
1. When your spouse wants to know ,how much did that fish cost ? But you don't want to tell them .
2. When your credit card statements read: Swf,*****,Petsolutions,Reef HS,Live A,Petland D,and many others
3. When instead of talking about what we're going to do on vacation,you begin to worry about feeding your fish
4. When people at your local church know you as the fish person.
5. When your relatives and people at your job begin to say for fun,Lets have a fish fry,and they give you a personal invitation because they want to use your fish for the cook out .
6. When your fish recognize your voice .

7. When your light bill comes,you start to wonder .Did the tank do this ?

nordy

You know you're a fishkeeper when....
1) You work all weekend doing side work, make a bunch of money, and every bit goes to the tank.
2) You spend lots more money and time on the tank than on the dog and you wonder why she's P.O.'d at you.
3) You make SWF.com your home page. At work and at home.
4) You get up in the middle of the night with a red flashlight to see how your latest addition to the tank is doing.
5) You dream about your tank.
6) You can't wait to get home to your tank after a loooong day at work.
7) You get itchy fingers everytime you go into your LFS "just to look"
8) You don't take vacations because you don't trust anyone else to take care of your tank.

5. You know you are a fish keeper, when you spend more money on the setup of your SW aquarium. Then you spent on your fiancée wedding ring.
Ouch! But I sure do see that happening!

snakeblitz33

you know you are a fish keeper when:
1. you design new ways to explain to your wife how that new fish or coral got in the tank.
2. you surf for new rare and exotic fish on the internet at work.
3. you dream about setting up and doing maintenance work on your aquarium.

turbohaulic

You know your a fish keeper when:
You stare at your tank for hours and lose track of when you were supposed to go to work.
Someone is talking to you (wife) and you don't realize it cause somthing has caught your attention in the tank.
When you talk to people at work about what the darndest thing your fish did today.

turbohaulic

You know your a fish keeper when:
You start posting on SWF and before you know it you can remember where and what posts you've been replying to.

S

sexyshrimp101

You know you're a fishkeeper when:
~Majority of the above statements apply to you
~You and your significant other take seperate vacations so that there is always someone home to take care of the tanks

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Tarball
http:///forum/post/2498681
You know you are a fishkeeper.
4. You know you’re a fish keeper when you are more knowledgeable then the employee’s
at *****.
yeah but my dog knows more than most ***** employees.

mcbdz

1. When all your LFS know you by name.
2. When you have your child(she is 19) work at the lfs so you get a 50% discount on stuff.
.3. when she thinks about quiting her job and you talk her out of it until you finish setting up your big tank.

4.While on vacation you call the sitter to check on your tank.