your most expensive fish

guitarplr85

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2886329
myers owns a clarion angel (and lots more expensive fish) if I'm not mistaken.. that's a $2500+ fish right there.. need he say more? He doesn't go flaunting his fish or trying to rub it in anyone's face.

Its just a question for fun, its not like everyone is competing. To me when you have your hobby of choice and thats what you honestly love to do then spending lots of money on it is awsome to me. I have spet 60$ on a blue jaw trigger.

myerst22

Hey Chris, I am assuming you didn't get credit for the other Clarion you lost?
Good luck with this guy, I am sure he will live a nice long life. Tim

A

arlene1995

$40 on a smallish Sailfin Tang.... $35 for an Emporer Snapper as number 2... Probably going to get a $50 or so Cuban Hogfish after Christmas... If I can go cheap, I usually do! LOL

n8ball2013

paid 75 for a mismarked mcculloghi pseudochromis. Store didnt know what he was and thank god he is a peaceful fish.
this little fella was 60 :D :D

please disregard the ill monti cap. Thats what happens when you get lazy

aquaknight

Originally Posted by n8ball2013
http:///forum/post/2887170
paid 75 for a mismarked mcculloghi pseudochromis. Store didnt know what he was and thank god he is a peaceful fish.
this little fella was 60 :D :D
please disregard the ill monti cap. Thats what happens when you get lazy

I don't see the Pseudo, but I do see a Starry, aka Stellatus (Arothron stellatus
) puffer. What in the world are you going to do with perhaps the one of the largest, most aggressive fish in the hobby?

J

jojo727

so far my most expensive was a small hippo tang for $30 that died with 72 hours. for fish that i still have...a Lyretail Anthias for $23

nycbob

i hv never spent more than $50 for a fish. the most expensive fish r flame angel ($50) and hippo ($50). hate to see $$$ go down the drain if fish dies within months.

n8ball2013

it is actually a mappa. it is golden in color most of the day except when lights first come on and then he is a much darker shade of brown. the pattern is wrong for the starry if you look closely. (at least I think) We got him the size of a golf ball and have pretty much watched him grow to a little over two inches now. When we purchased it we were fully aware of the size he will get. We decided that we would either eventually set up a fowlr tank for him and a few other fish we can not keep in a reef or return him to the lfs for what im sure they will mark up substantially. As for his behavior in a reef he has not touched any of the inverts or corals. Whether this is due to his smaller stature or not only time will tell.

squidward

Originally Posted by deejeff442
http:///forum/post/2886783
where does everyone shop?
my lfs mark up must be crazy.
i was looking at an orange shoulder tang there maybe 3 inches long and it was priced $149
i found an achillis tang online 4-5 inches for $140 and the lfs wants $400
sounds like you guys get some great deals.
Wow those prices are insane! I wonder how they'll react if you tell them their prices are way too high? I would never shop there again if I were you.
Originally Posted by nycbob

http:///forum/post/2887251
i hv never spent more than $50 for a fish. the most expensive fish r flame angel ($50) and hippo ($50). hate to see $$$ go down the drain if fish dies within months.
Nah...losing EXPENSIVE corals like aussie acans has been much more worse.

-tara33-

Originally Posted by Squidward
http:///forum/post/2887302
Wow those prices are insane! I wonder how they'll react if you tell them their prices are way too high? I would never shop there again if I were you.
Nah...losing EXPENSIVE corals like aussie acans has been much more worse.
acans arnt that expensive
wel in australia there not

-tara33-

wow we can get three tp four heads for $55, thats like $37 for there, and there some really nice ones! well i guess its the same for us if we want a queen angel or somethin, there pretty pricey!

silencio530

hahaha fpor me a starter its a cleaner shrimp ..hahah i know i got a long ways to go ...plus i recently got me a 90 gal tank ...tel me what good to keep im thinkin of going full reef soon with it so tell me what kinds of fish im looking for?.
and the price lol

rara12

$140 for a show size Koran Angel, He was 7-8 inches when i got him. I went away for the weekend over the summer and lost almost all of my fish. My neighbor knoked out the power for two days while i was at the beach. lost my $140 Koran, a $70 cortez (5") a $45 French (2-3") $35 Spanish Hog (4") $40 orange Shoulder tang (4") and a few others. It was really a sad sight.

small triggers

My most expensive so far is my new angel :) but she is pretty so shes worth all $100, my only other expensive fish will be a sohal tang when my LFS gets a medium size one in for me

krazykarel

Flame Angel x2, Emperor Angel, and Harliquin Tusk paid $50 each. All fish were Juvi's and I would have trouble spending that much on them again.
A related question...do you think the economy will be affecting prices on fish?