zero edge tanks

ibew

I went to the Macna xix this weekend and they had a 200 gal zero edge tank setup also was the grandprize. they had them setup all over but the 200gal was simply awsome that has to be the coolest tank I have seen yet.

ibew

sorry didn't have the digi cam with me basically goggle zeroedge and you will find a video but I don't thnk they even sell a 200 gal yet the biggest avaliable is a 75 im pretty sure still no matter what size awsome design.

luca brasi

Originally Posted by Ibew
sorry didn't have the digi cam with me basically goggle zeroedge and you will find a video but I don't thnk they even sell a 200 gal yet the biggest avaliable is a 75 im pretty sure still no matter what size awsome design.
Sweet!

ibew

by seeing these tanks in person you would think fish would just go over board but they seem the same as if it were a regular tank. I did notice the one tank had a pair of picaso clowns in it that were playing alittle to close to the top clowns aren't know jumpers but might not be powerful enough to turn back if got caught near the very edge. But the cool part is if a fish does go overboard they hit the tray that runs completely around the tank that has overflows on both sides so he will just take a crazy ride to your sump
and not the floor

ibew

Originally Posted by jessica47421
my lfs has one of these but they just keep corals in it, they are very nice
im sure if you do alittle research on this tank they probably note that certain fish might be a problem but would be a awsome coral only tank to for viewing purposes

maxalmon

These are awesome tanks.
I'm going to SuperZoo next week and they always have a booth, thinking about buying the demo model at the show.....One problem with the design is evaporation, which more than doubles from the people I've talked with. These are incredible looking tanks in person, photos don't do the design justice. A little pricey, but very cool

ibew

Originally Posted by maxalmon
These are awesome tanks.
I'm going to SuperZoo next week and they always have a booth, thinking about buying the demo model at the show.....One problem with the design is evaporation, which more than doubles from the people I've talked with. These are incredible looking tanks in person, photos don't do the design justice. A little pricey, but very cool
that was mentioned at the show about evap loss but they said they fixed the problem. Not sure what the problem was or how it was fixed thats what the rep said I didn't ask stupid me that was the first time I have ever seen or heard of them before so I was drouling instead of listening

addicted2

I was at Macna XIX this weekend too and I also was literally amazed at this tank! WOW! It was something to see...I have never seen one until this weekend and It was amazing how EVERYTHING was so available to see in it...no hiding places...definitely the talk of the crowd! it would be way cool to have one of these tanks.
I would have gladly taken that or the 178 gal home...*dreaming*

ibew

Originally Posted by addicted2
I was at Macna XIX this weekend too and I also was literally amazed at this tank! WOW! It was something to see...I have never seen one until this weekend and It was amazing how EVERYTHING was so available to see in it...no hiding places...definitely the talk of the crowd! it would be way cool to have one of these tanks.
I would have gladly taken that or the 178 gal home...*dreaming*
I tryed I throw a 100 bucks in there didn't even come close to wining but there was also something said that since the water flows over all four side consistently it doesn't get scum on it. The only problem that was talked about was it has to be perfectly level to work right meaning water flowing evenly over all four sides

addicted2

I tryed I throw a 100 bucks in there didn't even come close to wining but there was also something said that since the water flows over all four side consistently it doesn't get scum on it. The only problem that was talked about was it has to be perfectly level to work right meaning water flowing evenly over all four sides
I know..I only could throw 40$ in...but hey..I tried too! Anyway...I know what you're saying about that constant water flowing over the edge...it was beautiful! I would think there would be alot of upkeep with that tank..but WOW...what a show piece! I opened the doors to the cabinet underneath and there was ALOT of warmth coming out of there...alot of stuff going on under there too...I liked the smaller ones too! definitely something to talk about...it was really neat to see the reef from all sides and top down..Beautiful!

ibew

I know..I only could throw 40$ in...but hey..I tried too! Anyway...I know what you're saying about that constant water flowing over the edge...it was beautiful! I would think there would be alot of upkeep with that tank..but WOW...what a show piece! I opened the doors to the cabinet underneath and there was ALOT of warmth coming out of there...alot of stuff going on under there too...I liked the smaller ones too! definitely something to talk about...it was really neat to see the reef from all sides and top down..Beautiful!

I wanted to open the cabinet upto check the sump out but there was to many people around it was it your normal sump was the pump in the sump or plumbed inline give me some info

Theres seem to be alot of ups about this aqaurium. You probly would not need an cooler even for the 200 gallon. Cause the water would cool so much going off the edge. You could always fill your test tubes at the correct level lol

addicted2

I wanted to open the cabinet upto check the sump out but there was to many people around it was it your normal sump was the pump in the sump or plumbed inline give me some info

It looked like a regular sump..everything plumbed into it and back up to tank. those vortec pumps for waterflow are awesome too...I definitely want those in my tank! anyway...it was pretty much the same by what I could see...water just overflows the tank and drains down into the sump..gets filtered from there and pumped back up. There was alot of extra stuff in that cabiniet because they had all their wiring and ballasts in there too...probably so people didn't trip over anything...Hey, did you see those lights that dim like the natural light..no hard stops like regular halide/actinic lights. those were awesome! Their contollers even controlled humidity for crying out loud!

ibew

It looked like a regular sump..everything plumbed into it and back up to tank. those vortec pumps for waterflow are awesome too...I definitely want those in my tank! anyway...it was pretty much the same by what I could see...water just overflows the tank and drains down into the sump..gets filtered from there and pumped back up. There was alot of extra stuff in that cabiniet because they had all their wiring and ballasts in there too...probably so people didn't trip over anything...Hey, did you see those lights that dim like the natural light..no hard stops like regular halide/actinic lights. those were awesome! Their contollers even controlled humidity for crying out loud!
was that on the tank without any water yeah I didn't even realize it till my wife said you don't have a light like that changes color and dims and brightins with T5s in it how do you get that light I never seen that before also I didn't see the contollers how did that work with humidity thats awsome

bs21

Wow i am pissed plans changed and i couldn't go to MACNA! These tanks are sweet but expensive. The sumps they make are coo also.