Zoanthids: Some Eyecandy!

wax32

The last thread got all broken up when I moved my pictures around on my website. So I am starting a new thread...
Tank Background: 70 Gallon Oceanic RR, restarted after Hurricane Katrina.
Lighting: one 250w MH 20000k bulb, four 95w VHO actinics
Water Turnover: 44x
Fish: Istiblennius chrysospilos, Synchiropus splendidus, Synchiropus picturatus, Pseudochromis porphyreus, Zebrasoma flavescens, Halichoeres chrysus, Chromis viridis x3, Cryptocentrus cinctus
Inverts: Alpheus sp., Calcinus tibicen, Calcinus elegans, Clibanarius tricolor, Mithraculus sculptus, Lysmata debelius, Cypraea moneta, Astraea spp., Trochus spp., Turbo sp., Nassarius spp., Cerithium sp., Ophioderma sp., Clibanarius spp., Bispira sp.
Corals: Zoanthus
spp., Protopalythoa
spp., Acropora
sp., Montipora
spp., Pachyclavularia violacea, Platygyra daedalea, Sarcophyton
sp.
Feeding: DSV Spray Dried Phyto, Cyclop-Eeze Wafers, Formula One Marine Pellets, Formula Two Marine Pellets, Bio-Blend Marine Food, New Life Spectrum Optimum Salt H20 Flakes, Roasted Seaweed SushiNori
I thought to start off this new thread I'd post a picture of one of my newest colonies.

ZOANTHID #23, 2-5-06
You can click any picture I ever post to visit my website for more pictures and details.

wax32

Last night I got a couple shots after lights out.
http://www.zooxanthellae.com
Unidentified Acropora Crab
http://www.zooxanthellae.com
Stomatella varia!!!

I got very excited when I saw the Stomatella
snail. I love them and I had LOTS before the storm, but they all died with the rest of my tank. This one must have hiked in on some of the zoanthids I have been buying.

wax32

Originally Posted by CELACANTHr
Hey WAX! Coolness, did you get that e-mail I sent you?
Just replied. Sorry hadn't checked my email in a few days.

wax32

Because they come in SOOOOOO many color variations, grow quickly and do a GREAT job of clean up. They also move really fast and are fun to watch.

bronco300

haha, i didnt realize they cam ein other colors, ive only seen green ones, they do book it though ive noticed,lol.

wax32

Going to post up a shot of each colony/frag I have. This will take a while!

The dates listed are when the shot was taken, not when the zoanthids were acquired.