new need info

williama918

Ok i want to do a saltwater clown tank. Clown fish two, clown sweet lips two, clown trigger and clown tang, dog face puffer i have a tank big enough atleast till they all reach a large size. Can it be done can't find info on this anywhere. A few fish shops i have visted and talked too all gave different answers. Would also like to have a hippo tang and a Picasso trigger but will not add them if they will be a problem. Any ideas or advice on this clown tank would be appreciated.

bang guy

Half of those fish will typically eat the other more docile fish. Per haps with a huge tank and a lot of hiding spaces.

What size is the tank?

williama918

240 gallon will have plenty of hides and room figured on an anemone for the clown fish and bigger sweet lips than the tang and trigger both will be small when added. Have done some research. I figured this would be the best place to get some honest info.

lmforbis

Not sure if you can do two triggers that aren't a bonded pair.
I seem to recall that both clown triggers and clown tangs are on the more aggressive side. You might want to go with a bigger clown like a Maroon or a clarkii. Two probably won't work Unless you have a male and a female.
If it works would be awesome.

williama918

Not sure if you can do two triggers that aren't a bonded pair.
I seem to recall that both clown triggers and clown tangs are on the more aggressive side. You might want to go with a bigger clown like a Maroon or a clarkii. Two probably won't work Unless you have a male and a female.
If it works would be awesome.
Ok so no other tang or trigger any suggestions on what would work well with them? I guess if worse case i could do another tank for the clown fish and sweet lips like a 55 gallon.

Shilpan

When you say you have a tank, is it just an empty tank without equipment? And didn't you want advice on what you need?

Or just asking about the fish?

williama918

When you say you have a tank, is it just an empty tank without equipment? And didn't you want advice on what you need?

Or just asking about the fish?
I have the tank and stand along with the lights. It is a marineland reef ready 240 gallon. Still planning everything else. Going to use a 75 gallon sump, know i want a protein skimmer and a gyre power head. Will also do live rock and live sand. Will use pvc to keep the live rock off the bottom thinking maybe a three inch sand bed. Not sure if i want to do a fuge or wet dry. I am still in the planing phase all insight is welcome if you see a problem with my set up let me know.

Last edited:

Shilpan

Maybe ask the other members, but from my research I believe it's better to have either a really short one inch or less sand bed which is easy to siphon or a 5-6inch dsb, but not in between?

A five would be cheap yet helpful to your tank in a few ways right?

williama918

Maybe ask the other members, but from my research I believe it's better to have either a really short one inch or less sand bed which is easy to siphon or a 5-6inch dsb, but not in between?

A five would be cheap yet helpful to your tank in a few ways right?
Yes it would i was thinking that with the live rock i could cut back on the sand. Thanks will definitely ask someone who has experience lol its why i am here.

lmforbis

I like to stick to a shallow sand bed. Mine was around 1 1/2 inches in the beginning. The current in the tank has shifted it so some areas the sand barely covers the bottom other areas it is 4-5 inches deep.

williama918

I like to stick to a shallow sand bed. Mine was around 1 1/2 inches in the beginning. The current in the tank has shifted it so some areas the sand barely covers the bottom other areas it is 4-5 inches deep.
Ok one to one and a half inches it is thanks