27 dead at Connecticut Elementary School

reefraff

The media is acting irrational. I've heard everything from a Sig Sauer to now a Bushmaster...... Bushmaster is a brand name, not a type LOL!

darthtang aw

The cops just again refused to identify what guns were used.
I guess it's time to order up another before the fools ban them again.
This gun is already banned in this New England area....How did he get it is my question.

darthtang aw

The media is acting irrational. I've heard everything from a Sig Sauer to now a Bushmaster...... Bushmaster is a brand name, not a type LOL!
The hand guns have been identified by atf as a sig and a glock.

darthtang aw

Adam Lanza has been properly identified and confirmed as the shooter. He is age 20. Not of legal age to purchase a hand gun in any state. So now the question is, where and how did he obtain all of these weapons.

bionicarm

You people don't get it. IT WAS MULTIPLE GUNS. I don't care the caliber, I don't care if it was single-action or semi-auto. The point is, anyone with one or more weapons can walk into any building, and school, any residence and start emptying clips. The gun nuts could care less, as long as they can have as many types and as many guns as they want. Oh yeah, it's for fighting off a radical government, I forgot. You're sitting here wondering where he bought them. I've shown you multiple times where there's sites out there where average citizens can sell their PERSONAL weapons to whoever they want, wherever they want. Dateline did an expose a few months ago where they were buying AK's and AR-15's out of the back of cars in a WalMart parking lot. The kid most likely has been planning this massacre for a while, so I'm sure he could've driven anywhere that purchasing these guns were legal, and bought them there. Pretty sad that Darth's only concern is that he has to "stock up" on specific weapons before the Big. Bad Liberals come take his guns away. Go tell that to the families of all these dead people.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/20#post_3504161
Adam Lanza has been properly identified and confirmed as the shooter. He is age 20. Not of legal age to purchase a hand gun in any state. So now the question is, where and how did he obtain all of these weapons.
What does it matter? I'm sure he was a "responsible gun owner" at one time. He probably has an NRA card-holdin' friend or relative that bought him all the guns he wanted.

darthtang aw

What does it matter?  I'm sure he was a "responsible gun owner" at one time.  He probably has an NRA card-holdin' friend or relative that bought him all the guns he wanted.
It matters because these guns are ilegal for him to own. The hand guns are ilegal for him to acquire in any state and the rifle is ilegal for anyone to own....
if someone illegally purchased those weapons for him or ilegally sold them to him, they need prosecuted as well. THAT is why it matters. The laws in place banning his ability to own or purchase these guns were violated in some manner.

darthtang aw

Pretty sad that Darth's only concern is that he has to "stock up" on specific weapons before the Big. Bad Liberals come take his guns away.  Go tell that to the families of all these dead people.
When the hell did I say that? Your inability to read is pathetic.
I am not the person that immediately jumped this thread out for political reasons. You were. I am asking questions because more than this piece of crap 20 year old kid are responsible. These guns were illegally obtained the people responsible for getting them in this kids hands are just as much at fault.
And a legal shop can not sella gun to a resident of another state. ATF would reject that sale. Firearms can not be purchased across state lines without an ffl dealer transfer for both states.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/20#post_3504167
I am not the person that immediately jumped this thread out for political reasons. You were. I am asking questions because more than this piece of crap 20 year old kid are responsible. These guns were illegally obtained the people responsible for getting them in this kids hands are just as much at fault.
And a legal shop can not sella gun to a resident of another state. ATF would reject that sale. Firearms can not be purchased across state lines without an ffl dealer transfer for both states.
Don't confuse him with rational thought.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/20#post_3504167
Sorry Darth. It was reef who said he'd "better start stocking up before the fools start banning them". Which I've should have known in the first place.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/20#post_3504166
It matters because these guns are ilegal for him to own. The hand guns are ilegal for him to acquire in any state and the rifle is ilegal for anyone to own....
if someone illegally purchased those weapons for him or ilegally sold them to him, they need prosecuted as well. THAT is why it matters. The laws in place banning his ability to own or purchase these guns were violated in some manner.
Who cares if they were illegal or not? 27 people are dead all the same. You want to prosecute the dealer/person that sold him the guns? Go right ahead. The Columbine killers were younger than 20. Where'd they get their weapons cache? Like I said, there's a multitude of avenue's to purchase guns online. They initially said the guy was 24, not 20. Did he have a fake ID? Those are pretty easy to obtain. You want to quantify your argument by worrying about where he got the weapons. WHO CARES. PEOPLE ARE DEAD. I can guarantee you this won't be the last time this occurs.

bionicarm

Quote:
Your fixation on where he got the guns is laughable. OOOOH, he bought guns in another state and brought them back to Connecticut illegally. OMG! HE BROKE THE LAW! Do you honestly think this creaton gave a crap that he had illegal weapons? Trace the serial numbers and see where they came from, unless he ground those off. UH OH! That's illegal as well!

darthtang aw

Who cares if they were illegal or not?  27 people are dead all the same.  You want to prosecute the dealer/person that sold him the guns?  Go right ahead.  The Columbine killers were younger than 20.  Where'd they get their weapons cache?  Like I said, there's a multitude of avenue's to purchase guns online.  They initially said the guy was 24, not 20.  Did he have a fake ID?  Those are pretty easy to obtain.  You want to quantify your argument by worrying about where he got the weapons.  WHO CARES.  PEOPLE ARE DEAD.  I can guarantee you this won't be the last time this occurs.
Your inability to understand a point that is perfectly clear is austounding. These guns were BANNED from his possession. This is what you are calling for and have been calling for...Yet THIS STILL HAPPENED! The problem isn't the law but who broke the law. And if this is going to happen again, I am surprised you agree that banning specific guns will not prevent the issue finally.
Which part of purchasing guns online, across state lines, requires the gun to be delivered to an FFL dealer and a paper trail transfer done do you not get?. Are you telling me the FBI background check can be fooled by a "fake id" seriously?

bionicarm

What I'm reading is the guns were legally purchased and registered to his mother. So he takes Mom's guns, blows her away with one of them, then recalls Mommy used to work at an Elementary School at one time. So the mentally deranged idiot decides that's a nice place to go on a shooting rampage, knowing he's going to get locked up for life for killing Mom. Maybe got the idea from the Columbine incident, the Denver Theater shooting? No one will never know.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/20#post_3504174
What I'm reading is the guns were legally purchased and registered to his mother. So he takes Mom's guns, blows her away with one of them, then recalls Mommy used to work at an Elementary School at one time. So the mentally deranged idiot decides that's a nice place to go on a shooting rampage, knowing he's going to get locked up for life for killing Mom. Maybe got the idea from the Columbine incident, the Denver Theater shooting? No one will never know.
Im thinking the Oregon shooting. Mask, military vest etc. I think the media needs to not report these wack jobs names or show their picture every 5 minutes. I think a lot of the people who do this stuff want the attention.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/20#post_3504173
Your inability to understand a point that is perfectly clear is austounding. These guns were BANNED from his possession. This is what you are calling for and have been calling for...Yet THIS STILL HAPPENED! The problem isn't the law but who broke the law. And if this is going to happen again, I am surprised you agree that banning specific guns will not prevent the issue finally.
Which part of purchasing guns online, across state lines, requires the gun to be delivered to an FFL dealer and a paper trail transfer done do you not get?. Are you telling me the FBI background check can be fooled by a "fake id" seriously?
Darth, you don't get it. Go look up the news story Dateline or whatever network investigative show did on this very subject. Go Google "purchasing guns online". There are sites like auction sites where people with legal guns are trying to sell them. This news story simply responded to one of the online sales, and the two parties selected a location to make the "transaction". I believe they even bought a .50 cal from one individual who was a "collector". These transactions occurred with no FFL dealer orlicense transfer. I just looked in my local newspaper, and there's three or four classified ads of individuals selling 9mm's, AR-15's, and shotguns. You think they have the capability of doing background checks, or would know whether I had a fake ID? All they want is the cash. It's perfectly legal to sell weapons in this manner.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46316454/ns/today-today_rossen_reports/t/rossen-reports-anyone-can-buy-guns-no-questions-asked/

darthtang aw

Darth, you don't get it.  Go look up the news story Dateline or whatever network investigative show did on this very subject.  Go Google "purchasing guns online".  There are sites like auction sites where people with legal guns are trying to sell them.  This news story simply responded to one of the online sales, and the two parties selected a location to make the "transaction".  I believe they even bought a .50 cal from one individual who was a "collector".  These transactions occurred with no FFL dealer orlicense transfer.  I just looked in my local newspaper, and there's three or four classified ads of individuals selling 9mm's, AR-15's, and shotguns.  You think they have the capability of doing background checks, or would know whether I had a fake ID?  All they want is the cash.  It's perfectly legal to sell weapons in this manner. 
Those are purchased within state. Different scenario and highly probable for criminals to easily obtain a gun this way. My point is this...That AR platform rifle is banned in that area and the states surrounding. How did his mom "legally purchase" that rifle? She couldn't have.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
And another slant. All of these mass shooting individuals are so obviously persons with severe mental illness. Every last one them. Perhaps that should be addressed rather than jumping to depriving everyone of their right to have a gun.
Between 70s-80s most of the country's mental institutions were closed down and the mentally ill were tossed in the streets to fend for themselves. Right now, the only way you get into a mental institution is if you are an obvious threat to yourself or others. If a family wants to check their ill relative into a secure hospital it is impossible unless the person has actually done something, or admits that they plan to do something. And even then, they are only in the hospital for a few days or, at most, a couple of weeks. After they are out, then it is up to them to continue treatment, or not. And the reality is that most severely ill persons will not continue treatment, particularly if they are on their own without a strong family presence.
I don't know what the solution is, but I do know that mental health is the issue, not lack of gun control.