27 dead at Connecticut Elementary School

crimzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish master http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/380#post_3506445
I keep going back to read your post. And everytime i say the same thing about what you said( how can you say this is about mental health). are you kidding me? Are you so one sided that you cant see the truth. Or have you been dropped on your head when you were young. Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to come up with my most clever response, however I have no idea what you said in this post.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimzy http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/380#post_3506444
This is not the norm in many families, but it does happen. What bothers me about this perspective is that it implies that this kid needed some counseling and a big hug and he'd be just fine. Why is it so hard for people to accept that there is evil in the world? There are plenty of mass murderers who have no medical diagnosis to justify their acts.
Mom told friends that he was cutting himself? And she did not try to get a guardianship or involuntary commitment? She is the one who taught her son to use the guns and left them unsecured for him to walk in and take. How in all these facts does the "system" get blamed? There is so little personal responsibility and accountability in society and here is an excellent example of why. Personally, I think that the guy was either evil, or was just angry, immature and suicidal... these things also exist.
We have also become a society that loves to blame behavioral issues on physiology rather than free will. Some kid doesn't get good grades and so he must be ADD and gets pumped full of Ritalin. People get sad so they suck down Prozac like it's tic tacs. It's pathetic to me. Personally I believe that 50% of mental "diagnoses" and created by our culture and are just part of the natural human experience.
There are reports that his mother was trying to have him committed. I agree there are evil people but I think this kid had something else going on. We spend WAY too much time trying to explain and excuse why little Johnny or Janey is a screwup rather than dealing with the fact they are a screwup. But this kid had no prior incidents we've heard about yet. This was out of the blue.

fish master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimzy http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/380#post_3506444
This is not the norm in many families, but it does happen. What bothers me about this perspective is that it implies that this kid needed some counseling and a big hug and he'd be just fine. Why is it so hard for people to accept that there is evil in the world? There are plenty of mass murderers who have no medical diagnosis to justify their acts.
Mom told friends that he was cutting himself? And she did not try to get a guardianship or involuntary commitment? She is the one who taught her son to use the guns and left them unsecured for him to walk in and take. How in all these facts does the "system" get blamed? There is so little personal responsibility and accountability in society and here is an excellent example of why. Personally, I think that the guy was either evil, or was just angry, immature and suicidal... these things also exist.
We have also become a society that loves to blame behavioral issues on physiology rather than free will. Some kid doesn't get good grades and so he must be ADD and gets pumped full of Ritalin. People get sad so they suck down Prozac like it's tic tacs. It's pathetic to me. Personally I believe that 50% of mental "diagnoses" and created by our culture and are just part of the natural human experience.
Well what iam saying is that the kid had some kind of issues. Dont blame guns because of him having issues. There are millions of people that have guns and dont have mental issues and its not right to tell them that guns should be outlawed because of what one person does

crimzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish master http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/400#post_3506448
Well what iam saying is that the kid had some kind of issues. Dont blame guns because of him having issues. There are millions of people that have guns and dont have mental issues and its not right to tell them that guns should be outlawed because of what one person does
Agreed that plenty of responsible citizens have guns. But based on what this guy did, unless I was to see or hear definitive proof that he was not acting out of simple free will, I have no reason to even suggest that he isn't accountable for what he did.

fish master

angry immature, suicidal are all things that can be fixed. if prozac, and ridilan works, pump that stuff in them. maybe it will stop the next mass killing

crimzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish master http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/400#post_3506453
angry immature, suicidal are all things that can be fixed. if prozac, and ridilan works, pump that shit in them. maybe it will stop the next mass killing
I couldn't disagree more. There is no way to know what long term affects these chemicals will have on the next generation. They are designed to create a dependency where if you get off Prozac there is a significant risk of depression and suicide. So you are basically addicting a generation of young people to various drugs... not a great idea, in my humble opinion.

2quills

The drugs thing is a sticky one. I too often feel that in our efforts to make ourselves better we may be inadvertently just making things worse in the long run.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimzy http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/400#post_3506451
Agreed that plenty of responsible citizens have guns. But based on what this guy did, unless I was to see or hear definitive proof that he was not acting out of simple free will, I have no reason to even suggest that he isn't accountable for what he did.
We are never going to know in this case. Assuming the reports his mother wanted to have him committed are true that doesn't mean he didn't know right from wrong so without him being around to be evaluated we will never know for sure.

kittyyang

Among all the detecting activities, gold metal detecting is the most interesting one. It can not only relax both your body and mind , but also give you a big fortune if you are lucky enough.Next time if you feel bored, you can pick up a gold metal detector and have a try.