27 dead at Connecticut Elementary School

reefraff

But this reminds me of when I was a kid we went to visit my aunt and uncle. He was showing off his cross bow. This was a serious one, not the toys you see sold for a hundred bucks now days. He shot at a tree and hit wide. The bolt (arrow) goes through the edge of the tree, puts a nice groove in the roof of his car and ended up stuck in the eave of the next door neighbor's house.

morgan175

Has anyone gone back to read the beginning of this thread? We have learned so much more from the investigation. The media has backed away from the story and so have the mass of people. There has been stories where people have tried to shoot people in theaters in texas and were shot and no national attention because the good gun saved the day. I have seen where people were against guns have gone out to but them for there first time. A senator who led the anti gun ban from I believe georgia shot an intruder in his home. To tell the truth if you pick out one gun the AR and say it is meant for killing what can you say about the mossberg which uses the same round and a similar magazine but is a Varmint or Predator gun I use on the farm.
Anti gun people need to stop listening to what an idiot from cnn says and go to the range and find out for them selves how a gun shoots and works. 600 rounds per minute from a bushmaster. If i had a big enough clip I could get that from my .22

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan175 http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/360#post_3506248
Has anyone gone back to read the beginning of this thread? We have learned so much more from the investigation. The media has backed away from the story and so have the mass of people. There has been stories where people have tried to shoot people in theaters in texas and were shot and no national attention because the good gun saved the day. I have seen where people were against guns have gone out to but them for there first time. A senator who led the anti gun ban from I believe georgia shot an intruder in his home. To tell the truth if you pick out one gun the AR and say it is meant for killing what can you say about the mossberg which uses the same round and a similar magazine but is a Varmint or Predator gun I use on the farm.
Anti gun people need to stop listening to what an idiot from cnn says and go to the range and find out for them selves how a gun shoots and works. 600 rounds per minute from a bushmaster. If i had a big enough clip I could get that from my .22
Of course it's becoming old news. Same thing happened after Aurora. Yet, these incidents WILL occur again, and the same tiresome arguments from both sides will emerge, and nothing will change. As I said, people getting shot with a firearm have become the acceptable norm for our society. Gun advocates ideology is to have guns to protect themselves from guns, gun control proponents believe that removing the element altogether will reduce the crimes committed by those devices. Both sides are right, both sides are wrong. The only "idiot" in this debate is the one who thinks that responsible gun ownership will guarantee one's safety from gun violence.

darthtang aw

You forgot about the " idiot" that desires a ban an will guarantee their safety from enduring a gun crime.
There is only one thing in life guaranteed. That is death.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/360#post_3506247
What, he had to moe because his homeowners claims got to large, or there were too many cats and dogs running around the neighborhood with arrows stuck in their rear ends?
No, I moved to a bigger house, about 1200 feet away, as the crow flies. Unlike you his kid isn't intentionally shooting at birds or people's pets. And if you had the reading comprehension of a 5th grader you would have understood from my post I was pointing out the absurdity of banning BB guns but not a bow and arrow which is much more dangerous.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/360#post_3506286
No, I moved to a bigger house, about 1200 feet away, as the crow flies. Unlike you his kid isn't intentionally shooting at birds or people's pets. And if you had the reading comprehension of a 5th grader you would have understood from my post I was pointing out the absurdity of banning BB guns but not a bow and arrow which is much more dangerous.
When I was a kid, we used to have BB gun wars. Now granted that Red Rider didn't have the same power as these CO2-powered BB guns do today, but it hurt all the same.
"Intentionally shooting at birds"? I'm using the weapon as it was intended, for hunting and killing a predator. I'm in a private community that doesn't ban the use of the weapon, so I'm not violating any laws. How would you go about getting rid of a skunk, racoon, bobcat, or other animal that was destroying personal property of yours? You now this humane person that would never pull out one of your weapons cache to kill the thing? You two are just big hypocrites. If you're actually going to sit there and tell me that at any point in your life, especially growing up, you never took your trusty little BB or pellet gun and didn't shoot some form of wildlife, I'll call you a bold-faced liar.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/360#post_3506289
When I was a kid, we used to have BB gun wars. Now granted that Red Rider didn't have the same power as these CO2-powered BB guns do today, but it hurt all the same.
"Intentionally shooting at birds"? I'm using the weapon as it was intended, for hunting and killing a predator. I'm in a private community that doesn't ban the use of the weapon, so I'm not violating any laws. How would you go about getting rid of a skunk, racoon, bobcat, or other animal that was destroying personal property of yours? You now this humane person that would never pull out one of your weapons cache to kill the thing? You two are just big hypocrites. If you're actually going to sit there and tell me that at any point in your life, especially growing up, you never took your trusty little BB or pellet gun and didn't shoot some form of wildlife, I'll call you a bold-faced liar.
Like I said, 80 percent BS. I guess your neighborhood is so exclusive the only birds that are allowed are the predator doves which you "hunt" LOL! You are so full of it.
If I lived out in the sticks depending on the varmint I'd shoot it. Otherwise they have some pretty cool traps at animal control. Once you catch the critter you call and they come pick it up and deal with it. As far as shooting birds when I was young and stupid I did stupid things. When I grew up I realized that 1 birds are great for pest control, 2 You would have to shoot them all every day, all day to prevent others from moving in and 3 Many of the birds are covered by the federal migratory bird protection act, including the doves you "hunt".

reefraff

Oh, by the way Mr. Ethics. Under Texas law
Waste of Game: It is an offense (Class C misdemeanor) if a person while hunting kills or wounds a game bird or game animal and intentionally or knowingly fails to make a reasonable effort to retrieve the animal or bird and include it in the person's daily or seasonal bag limit. It is an offense if a person intentionally takes or possesses a game bird, game animal, or fish and intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly, or with criminal negligence, fails to keep the edible portions of the bird, animal, or fish in an edible condition. It is a Class A misdemeanor to fail to retrieve or to keep in an edible condition a whitetail or mule deer, pronghorn antelope, or desert bighorn sheep hunted without landowner consent; from a vehicle, boat, or aircraft; on a public road; at night; or with the aid of a light

darthtang aw

And you have a higher probability meeting that death as a gun owner.  If there were no guns, there would be no gun crime.  See how that works?
True. Just like if there was no alcohol there would be no DUI deaths. See how that works?
If there were no stones, no one could be stoned.
If there were no penises, no one would get raped.....
If my aunt had a penis she would be my uncle.
If a tree fell in the woods.............................
I have a higher probability of dying in a car accident from a drunk driver than I do being a gun owner....................

I say we put out an application to be on a reality show, similar to the "Hunger Games". $100 million prize to the winner. 12 people, one enclosed arena. Load it up with as many firearms and as much alcohol as possible. A literal fight to the death. Put it on pay-per view. $150 to watch the whole thing go down. You figure, what with 7 billion people in the world, you could probably sell the event to at least 500 million global homes. At that number, you'd be looking at $75 billion in revenue. It would be an interesting look at how and what guns really can do to a person. I think everyone is a winner (except the 11 not so lucky "runners up").
I mean heck, back in Rome they used to force people to do it, and they didn't have any chance of winning a dime. And I know the next question is "Do you really think anyone would sign up for that?!?". My answer? Yes. Yes I do. In fact, I bet you would have to comb through hundreds, if not thousands of people who would be willing to do it.

2quills

I say we put out an application to be on a reality show, similar to the "Hunger Games".  $100 million prize to the winner.  12 people, one enclosed arena.  Load it up with as many firearms and as much alcohol as possible.  A literal fight to the death.  Put it on pay-per view.  $150 to watch the whole thing go down.  You figure, what with 7 billion people in the world, you could probably sell the event to at least 500 million global homes.  At that number, you'd be looking at $75 billion in revenue.  It would be an interesting look at how and what guns really can do to a person.  I think everyone is a winner (except the 11 not so lucky "runners up"). 
I mean heck, back in Rome they used to force people to do it, and they didn't have any chance of winning a dime.  And I know the next question is "Do you really think anyone would sign up for that?!?".  My answer? Yes.  Yes I do.  In fact, I bet you would have to comb through hundreds, if not thousands of people who would be willing to do it. 
Why pay for that when I can drive down town and watch the gang bangers do it for free?

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/360#post_3506328
True. Just like if there was no alcohol there would be no DUI deaths. See how that works?
If there were no stones, no one could be stoned.
If there were no penises, no one would get raped.....
If my aunt had a penis she would be my uncle.
If a tree fell in the woods.............................
I have a higher probability of dying in a car accident from a drunk driver than I do being a gun owner....................
That's because cars are used 1000 times more often as guns. If all these millions of gun owners were to pull their guns out and start shooting them for the same reason a drunk gets into a car and starts driving it, you couldn't walk out your door without getting shot.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/360#post_3506302
Oh, by the way Mr. Ethics. Under Texas law
Waste of Game:
It is an offense (Class C misdemeanor) if a person while hunting kills or wounds a game bird or game animal and intentionally or knowingly fails to make a reasonable effort to retrieve the animal or bird and include it in the person's daily or seasonal bag limit. It is an offense if a person intentionally takes or possesses a game bird, game animal, or fish and intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly, or with criminal negligence, fails to keep the edible portions of the bird, animal, or fish in an edible condition. It is a Class A misdemeanor to fail to retrieve or to keep in an edible condition a whitetail or mule deer, pronghorn antelope, or desert bighorn sheep hunted without landowner consent; from a vehicle, boat, or aircraft; on a public road; at night; or with the aid of a light
Mine's not a waste. I BBQued a few dove breast this weekend. THEY WERE DILICIOUS! I take the other parts of the bird, mix them up in a blender with some other "byproducts" and use it as cat food for my cats. I find it laughable you two make yourself out as some sort of law-abiding conservationists, when you'd probably do the same thing if the opportunity arose.

darthtang aw

That's because cars are used 1000 times more often as guns.  If all these millions of gun owners were to pull their guns out and start shooting them for the same reason a drunk gets into a car and starts driving it, you couldn't walk out your door without getting shot.
You missed the point..............

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393788/27-dead-at-connecticut-elementary-school/360#post_3506338
Mine's not a waste. I BBQued a few dove breast this weekend. THEY WERE DILICIOUS! I take the other parts of the bird, mix them up in a blender with some other "byproducts" and use it as cat food for my cats. I find it laughable you two make yourself out as some sort of law-abiding conservationists, when you'd probably do the same thing if the opportunity arose.
You need to get your story straight.
"Actually, I think it's still dove season in my zone. I still have a valid hunting license when I went dove hunting earlier this year. I'm not hunting actually, just killing predators. The stray cats and coons in my neighborhood love them for a nice midnight snack."