Anemone help?

Michelleleighx

To start, let me apologize as I'm still new(ish) to all this and learning.

I have a 55gallon tank with a custom return I built myself. 10 gallon sump below. T5 lights (acitinic, 10000k and LED) on basic 10 hour cycle (6 hours of high light).

My boyfriend purchased me a yellow tang, a clownfish, and an anemone about one week ago. While I appreciate the gesture, and the fish have acclimated exceptionally, I know very little about anemones, and am worried mine is not doing well.

The tank has:
2 small ocellaris clownfish
1 yellow tang
1 chocolate chip starfish
1 azure damsel
1 scooter blenny
1 banded coral shrimp
Purple anemone (I was told it's a long tentacle, but I'm not sure if that's right)
A few turbo snails/hermit crabs

The new fish are doing great, and water parameters are normal (and have been stable for months), yesterday the anemone looked healthy and happy.

This morning I noticed the anemone is partially deflated, and has a swollen area on its foot(only visible when partially closed because of love rock). I tried feeding it (brine shrimp), but I'm not sure if it ate- the mouth swelled for a few minutes than shrank back to normal (is this normal for an anemone eating?)

-Can someone identify the anemone species?
-Any thoughts on the swollen foot?
-Should I be concerned about the deflation?
-recommendations for feeding the anemone?
-once the anemone is healthy and happy, I'm hoping the clownfish will rest non or near it- so far the seem to ignore it. Any tips?

Any help is much appreciated!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

lmforbis

The second to last pic the foot looks like it may be injured. It may or may not survive. I feed my nem mysis and krill once a week or so.
You said you have T5s do you just have 2 bulbs? For a nem you need 6 bulbs minimum. They need very high light and very clean water.

Michelleleighx

Thank you for your response. The nem actually looked heathy (deflation wise) this morning, but is positioned strangely putting its tentacles over rocks now. The foot appears a little swollen but I can't see the lumpy area I saw before.

I have 4 T5 bulbs (2 acitinic 2 10k)- should I upgrade to a larger light?