call me exited, but...

monalisa

I got my new tank!! Stand is ordered and is at the LFS as I type (beautiful oak stand), new lights are ordered (1x250mh, 2x96pc, led lunars). I'm expecting them to be here by early next week. Then the fun begins...I just hope that I can pull it all off without losing any of my critters **fingers crossed**
So anyway, here are the pics of my new tank...nothing in it, not on a stand, just kinda sittin' there doin' nothin' but gettin' its picture taken...ain't it just pertty???
I'm also thinking that I'll be using this thread as a log of how I go about doing this. I know it's been done before with much greater upgrades, but not by me....
Lisa :happyfish

K

kimc

Very nice!!! I love the bowfront!!! Can't wait to see it all set up in your new stand with the new lights!!! Very happy for ya!!!

monalisa

Originally Posted by kimC
Very nice!!! I love the bowfront!!! Can't wait to see it all set up in your new stand with the new lights!!! Very happy for ya!!!
Holy smokes!! fast reply. Honestly, I didn't really expect anyone to reply here, just because, well...boring pics.
I can't wait to get it all set up too. I plan on posting pics as I go along with the upgrade. I'm nervous, but I plan on having a lot of help.
Here's my current 37gal reef, crappy lighting, crappy camera...can't wait to give my critters more running room... ***)

monalisa

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
i dont no, ur tank is pretty cool lookin, when i had a reef thats wat i wanted it to look like
Thanks, I really love my little 37gal, but I'm looking forward to having a slightly bigger tank for my little critters. The 37 will then be converted to a species seahorse tank...AFTER a lot more research on them. I know of a LFS that pretty much always has tank raised ponies...that's the only way I'd do it.

monalisa

Well, I got my stand and lights for the new tank. I think it's going to be a pretty nice set up. I saved the water from my water change, and I have it aerating and heated to use in the new tank. I'm not sure yet when the big change is going to be, but hopefully soon.
I do have some questions. My false percs have been hosted by my green fuzzy mushrooms for a while now. When I get everything into bins (this will more than likely have to be at least overnight) do I put corals, fish, inverts, everything into one bin? What if I keep the clowns and corals in one bin...so they can stay with their 'shrooms, and the rest of the fish and inverts in another bin? IDK...

I could sure use some advice/reassurance here.
Thank you!!
Lisa

hot883

Thats gonna be nice Lisa. You can try to keep the clowns and their host together but may not help. Before I moved from 55 to 125 the clowns were hosting a large featherduster. After the move it took them about 6 months to even look at it.

Moving a tank is always so much fun.
They are in good hands with you. Barry

bronco300

you can try to put them together, but it doesnt guarantee they'll stay with it in the new tank...one of the reasons it doesnt always work to get a pair of clowns that has a host anemone already in an lfs..sometimes doesnt work once in the home aquarium....however...i move my pink zoos in my tank sometimes and my clowns always follow it...so not sure, little different but ya never know....i don't think keeping them seperate in a tub would do much, because it won't matter till they get back in the tank....but i see maybe keep their mind one tracked till the tank....i dont know for usre, worth a try maybe.
but either way, the new tank looks great, cant wait to see the progess!

monalisa

Originally Posted by hot883
Thats gonna be nice Lisa. You can try to keep the clowns and their host together but may not help. Before I moved from 55 to 125 the clowns were hosting a large featherduster. After the move it took them about 6 months to even look at it.

Moving a tank is always so much fun.
They are in good hands with you. Barry
Thanks Barry...
Your response helps a lot, as does everyone's...I'm REALLY, REALLY anxious about doing this, but I also know that it's going to be much better for my critters in the long run. I guess I'll chill a little about my clowns (they're just so much my favs...) and hope that eventually when they're in their new home, that they find something that appeals to them. What are your thoughts on scooping the fish out (after rocks and corals are removed) with a cup rather than a net? I've read that this will reduce stress on the fish (?)
I was actually hoping to do the switch this coming weekend, but when I think of the things that I need yet...egg crate for under the substrate, 2 more bags of sand, I've got to figure out how many bins I need with heat and aeration...I have to figure out the power for the new tank lights and equipment and how to get it best situated. I've got about 7 gallons of water heating and aerating from water changes to help out.
Whew...so anyway. These pictures show what I have so far with my new tank. My stand and lights came in. On a 46gal bow front, my lights will be giving off 442w of light, 250mh and 96x2pc (blue), plus the 4 lunars. It is not (obviously) in the place that it will be after the change...I think it's going to be pretty cool.

K

kimc

I think that the "getting ready" and going over what your going to do is actually more stressful that the switch. You will be fine, just take your time !!! Good luck and can't wait to see your new tank set up!!!

monalisa

Originally Posted by kimC
I think that the "getting ready" and going over what your going to do is actually more stressful that the switch. You will be fine, just take your time !!! Good luck and can't wait to see your new tank set up!!!
Yeah, that's just what I figured...time to chill and just let it happen.
Thanks Kim.

monalisa

Notice in the last 2 pics the cool green vase sitting on top of the lights...that is SO going to be somehow put into the landscaping...I just really like it.

K

kimc

yea.. it would look cool. kinda make it look old like it feel into the sea and rocks and corals grew around it!!! i know rocks can't grow, but you know what i mean.

efishnsea

The anticipation is building!!!!
, cant wait to see the new reef :joy: .....You have a lot of nice corals to transfer
, keep us posted with lots of pics.

monalisa

Well, tonight it all starts. I took off of work 2 hours early to run around town and find things that I need for the switch, and it literally took me the whole 2 hours. I have my daughter coming in a little while to help me with scooping everything out of the 37gal tank and into bins. Believe it or not, I have like 10 bins ready and waiting to help out with this project. If worse comes to worse, a very trusted lady that I know at my LFS is on stand by to stop in and help if we need it.
I almost had to put this on the back burner (again) as this morning, with the outside temperature being 8 below, our furnace wasn't working. It was about 55 degrees in the house when I got up this morning!! :scared: Got that fixed this morning already, and now we're ready to tackle it.
Stay tuned, I'll be posting pics of this project as we go...probably throughout the weekend.