call me exited, but...

N

nemo_66

sorry to hear that. im sure that your royal gramma is fine (knock on wood) they are just really really shy in a new tank, which you already probably no.

monalisa

Originally Posted by Nemo_66
sorry to hear that. im sure that your royal gramma is fine (knock on wood) they are just really really shy in a new tank, which you already probably no.
Thank you. Yeah, I know that. And he did come out a few times, and looked like he was okay...*fingers crossed*
I am so bummed...
Lisa

looks good i like it!!! what kind of light fixture you have?? im trying to find a light fixture to fit my 46gal.. looks good!!!

bronco300

sorry to hear about your loss lisa!! chin up, you did the right thing...even though he can't enjoy it the rest of your fish will LOVE it

monalisa

Originally Posted by michael76lll
looks good i like it!!! what kind of light fixture you have?? im trying to find a light fixture to fit my 46gal.. looks good!!!

It is a 36" 250 watt 10,000k MH, plus 2 x 96 watt and four 1 watt lunar LEDs, by Odyssea. I got it off of the

[hr]
site. We had to do some rigging to get it to fit properly with my equipment, but I think it'll be good. Hard to say at this point...I'm still in the light acclimating process and will be for a while.
Lisa

newbietina

'Awesome looking change over. I love the vase in it....I'm into unusual things. Anyway, how do you know what will be safe in the saltwater. The ocean I know is moving a lot...but its also not the cleanest water, so how can we know what is safe to put in a tank?
Anyway, Lisa....your doing what looks to be good.
Good luck :cheer:
Tina

lolly1

The tank looks really great, Mom...
So sad to hear about Sister Mary...I'm sorry. I know it wasn't anything you did wrong.
Beth

royal gang

Originally Posted by Lolly1
So sad to hear about Sister Mary...I'm sorry. I know it wasn't anything you did wrong.
Beth
uhh... is there somthin' i missed???

barchtruong

MonaLisa>>>>>>so brave you have a SeaClone!
That thing didn't work for me as well as many of us here.
How does it work for you

monalisa

Originally Posted by Bronco300
sorry to hear about your loss lisa!! chin up, you did the right thing...even though he can't enjoy it the rest of your fish will LOVE it
Thanks Bronco. I've felt all along that I was doing the right thing and doing it the right way. I hope that today things shape up and get back to "normal".
I've been noticing that the water looks a little cloudy in the new tank. Is that normal? I figured that it would just clear up for me. It's not terribly cloudy, but not crystal clear either. Hmmmm...
I hope Willy is out today so I can check on him.
Lisa :happyfish

monalisa

Originally Posted by NewbieTina
'Awesome looking change over. I love the vase in it....I'm into unusual things. Anyway, how do you know what will be safe in the saltwater. The ocean I know is moving a lot...but its also not the cleanest water, so how can we know what is safe to put in a tank?
Anyway, Lisa....your doing what looks to be good.
Good luck :cheer:
Tina
Tina, the vase that I put in the landscaping is actually an aquarium deco that I found. I liked it and decided to use it. I think it works pretty nicely in there.
Thanks for the comments.

monalisa

Originally Posted by Lolly1
Beth

Thanks Honey...
Me :happyfish

monalisa

yea, i'm sure theyll find em again soon..just a bit confused and have to get used to the new home again....my clowns LOVE swimming in the flow...when i first moved my 75, i had the flow just a way where it would shoot them across the tank and they would just do it over and over and over...plently of calms places to swim in, bt they just loved the flow
So you don't think I have too much water movement in there? On the one hand, I don't want my fish fighting (can't really tell if that's the case or not), but on the other hand, I don't want dead spots that will eventually cause problems either.

bronco300

what you mean fighting? fighting the current, or fighting each other? if its the clowns i would worry, they always bicker sometimes...i would rather have enough current for you tank instead of having not enough with dead spots...if you're really worried about it you could always try to find a "Y" connector for it and diffuse the flow a bit more

monalisa

what you mean fighting? fighting the current, or fighting each other? if its the clowns i would worry, they always bicker sometimes...i would rather have enough current for you tank instead of having not enough with dead spots...if you're really worried about it you could always try to find a "Y" connector for it and diffuse the flow a bit more
No, I mean fighting the current. But just in some spots, not throughout the whole tank. I'm not sure what the "Y" connector is...does it come with the power heads? I have to agree with you on not wanting dead spots...I went that route with my 37gal and it took forever to clean up the aftermath.
Thanks for your help!!

bronco300

i mean finding some plumbing for the powerhead that you have...then getting a "Y" fitting that would connect to your pump and put the flow two ways....or get a flared nozzle?

monalisa

i mean finding some plumbing for the powerhead that you have...then getting a "Y" fitting that would connect to your pump and put the flow two ways....or get a flared nozzle?
I've actually got the flared nozzle on the phs. I'll wait a couple of days to see how things shape up. Clowns are actually moving around the tank pretty well now...I hope that continues. I think I may have also lost my CB shrimp. He's in a spot in the back of the tank and hasn't moved.
At this point, I've got the MHs running with 3 pieces of screen over the tank to help filter some of the light. I've read that I can take a piece of screen off every 3 days or so. I wish I had this week off of work to stay home and monitor things in my tank...
About my losses from this project. I keep trying to think of things that should have or could have done differently to avoid them. The only thing I can think of is having not done it at all...I'm confident that I prepared adequately and followed my plan. IDK

I'm just going to let things happen, acclimate lighting as best I can, and then hopefully enjoy my new tank.
Thanks again for all your help and encouragement.

bill109

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Sorry about your loss, but your tank looks great.

azfishgal: do you have any pics of your tank tht is comming along?