10 Gallon Picture Series

bonebrake

Bang how do you dose the limewater? I think you said something about auto top-off, but what concentration do you mix the limewater and how much do you add to your top-off? Thanks.

bang guy

I take the water from the DIY Kalk reactor feeding the lagoon. It is saturated limewater.
I fill up the whiskey bottle and it sits upside down in a container so that when the water level in the overflow drops limewater is siphoned into the overflow. It is then sucked up by the skimmer and blown into the tank.

czone13

Bang Guy what is your lighting i would like to start a 10 gallon or smaller nano and i have found a light that has 10 watts of 50/50 and actinic in the same bulb and i would get 2 of these but i doubt it will be enough but what is ur lighting??

nemo lover

Wow Bang that is an amazing idea..I bet you were drunk on the crown royal when you thought that one up! lol. The growth is amazing(as usual).

bang guy

Originally Posted by cZoNe13
Bang Guy what is your lighting i would like to start a 10 gallon or smaller nano and i have found a light that has 10 watts of 50/50 and actinic in the same bulb and i would get 2 of these but i doubt it will be enough but what is ur lighting??
From up above a few posts ^^
Originally Posted by Bang Guy

Two 30 watt URI VHO ActinicWhite + one 30 watt URI VHO SuperActinic.

bang guy

Originally Posted by pco1988
Hey Bang where in NY is Warsaw?
Philip
Western NY. SE of Buffalo, SW of Rochester.

bonebrake

Originally Posted by salty tank
You have a lagoon?!

Run a search on "lagoonal reef" or "lagoon".
Bang Guy's lagoon is unsurpassed by any other I know of. It is awesome.

farmboy

How about copper banded butterfly fish? THey have been used in propagation tanks on other sites with good results (G_eothermal A_quaculture R_esearch F_oundation . org) under: controlling pests: aipstasia. Your lagoon should keep one distracted enough to prevent them from bothering coral. Ya think?
Also, auto top off--clever.