10 Gallon Picture Series

bonebrake

It is an 8' x 8' concrete pool in his basement that is about two feet deep or so with a deep sand bed. It has a wave simulator and everything. It is awesome, if you haven't seen the pictures run a search on them.

nemo lover

I have been wanting to drip kalk for a while in my thriving 2.5, but I didn't want to over do it. Maybe if I tried this with a shot bottle it might be better.

rubberduck

hey bang could by anychance could u update your lagoon pics, it has been a year since i have seen it and the picts were lost in the process

it was realy cool, alos how would you make your own skimmer is it hard, i will still look at your thread again though, beatiful tank any updates?

mommyfishy

Bang hi I just bought a 12 gallon nano and am curious as to how you made your skimmer. Maybe a DIY thread on it would be awsome. Hubby is good with that kind of stuff just can't understand how it doesn't overflow but I am new to the nanos. So a little info would be awsome. Thanks BTW great pics :cheer:

nietzsche

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
I take the water from the DIY Kalk reactor feeding the lagoon. It is saturated limewater.
I fill up the whiskey bottle and it sits upside down in a container so that when the water level in the overflow drops limewater is siphoned into the overflow. It is then sucked up by the skimmer and blown into the tank.
i know this is an old thread, but since triga brought it up, i made something similar to yours, but it was going to be for acclimating livestock using the little air valve. can it be used as a kalk reactor like yours? just keep the end of the line under the water until it water evaporates and then it should start on its own, right? btw, does the tank have to have any requirements for me to use a kalk reactor? i know when use it with lime water itll raise the pH and provide calcium

cntrygltr

You tank is gorgeous! I'd love mine to look like this I have a 30 gal,...could you tell me what the limewater does, I've never heard of adding this (of course I'm new though) and is there anything else I need to be adding or checking in a smaller tank? I currently have a purple lobster and am trying to decide what to get next. (no corals or fish)

bang guy

Originally Posted by cntrygltr
You tank is gorgeous! I'd love mine to look like this I have a 30 gal,...could you tell me what the limewater does, I've never heard of adding this (of course I'm new though) and is there anything else I need to be adding or checking in a smaller tank? I currently have a purple lobster and am trying to decide what to get next. (no corals or fish)
Limewater adds Calcium and Carbonate (alkalinity). If you have no corals then it's probably not necessary.

rad

the thread lives! lets see an updated pic. and maybe a book of all your secrets. *shifty eyed* thanks.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
How did you get rid of your hair algae? Can you also post a few update pics plz?
Bump.

new2salt1

After just finishing up a photography class (like I need a new hobby), these pics look like the saturation was increased somewhere from 80-100%. Im just wondering if the photographer can comment what editing was used. The colors look animated to me. I just got a pico with a ton of blue in the lights, and it's not even close to the red/blue hues that are being given off here.
Im just curious what kind of software was used to get that effect. It looks amazing, even if a little a artifical.

bang guy

Take a look at the Purple Tip Monti at the bottom of page 1 for a before & after editiing example. I used PhotoDeluxe to edit the pictures, for the Light/Dark setting I used -10, for the Contrast I used +5. No change to saturation.
If you want to pick a different picture I'll post what the original looked like without editing.
When you say you have a lot of blue in one of your tanks. Are you using URI VHO SuperActinic?

bang guy

I've actually never kept Seahorses. There are some very knowledgable hobbiests in the Seahorse Forum though.