10 Gallon

okelani

Hi all, I am thinking about a 10 gallon FOWLR, however I would have just 3 small patches of GSP in there for some movement and color.

I would like some ideas of colorful, swimming fish preferably, I also have a Red Fire Shrimp, could I put another one in a 10 gallon??

I would also have just snails in there no crabs.. My rock I do not want stacked high just enough from end to end with swimming room in front and behind.

All ideas welcome

bang guy

Yes you can add another Fire Shrimp. You need to make sure they are similar in size though. If one is much smaller then there's a chance it will be eaten by the larger one.

10 gallon tanks are really not large enough for any of the swimming fish. There are a few darting type fish that could work and a bunch of sedentary fish that will be fine in a 10 gallon.

Perhaps a Pseudochromis fridmani or a Royal Gramma (not both), and a couple Neon Gobies or Clown Gobies (not both).

okelani

Thanks for the info about the shrimp, I have read and heard that they can be a bit nasty towards each other so will just leave the one be by itself.
my current tank is 5.5 gallons so I think I will just leave it as it is for now but question about the Tanakas Pygmy Wrasse, could I add one of these little guys into this tank as an only fish?

okelani

The 5.5 but I think this might not be wise.
i might have to look at small gobies for here instead, really wanted something swimming

Tatertot

People give clown gobies a bit of a bad rap- I saw them in an aquarium somewhere and they seemed to be swimming out in the open.

jay0705

I have a clown goby. When feeding you definitely know its there. Otherwise its hit or miss. Mainly bc there color just lends them to be camouflaged. Nice fish tho