120 Build

rickross23

I find it pretty hard to find anything I like in Dwarfs aside from Coral Beauties. The Singapore has a mask resembling the Emperor, which I really like. I've never seen that fish before. And score, Sweatervest! It only needs 120 gallons! :t^:  I keep threatening my husband I'm going to drylock the basement and fill it full of salt-water and fish so we can just go scubadiving. No problems keeping an emperor there, huh, Rickross? :laughing:
It matters on the dimensions........
JKJK HAHHA.

lcaldwell85

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickross23 http:///t/391909/120-build/20#post_3477942
It matters on the dimensions........
JKJK HAHHA.
LOL! Well I think there would be plenty of room down there, I imagine a thousand gallons wouldn't come close to touching it. Let me get controversial and try a pair! There's plenty of stomping grounds for territories not to become an issue!

On a more serious note, the tank has a wooden rim at the top, which I'm not a fan of. Blonde wood has never been a strong point with me. We're thinking of masking off the tank and using plastic spray paint to make this black. I've only ever used a roller on my existing tank for the black background. Does anyone see any issue arising in using spraypaint? I'm worried about it possibly lingering inside the tank and "poisoning" the water...

acrylic51

Spray paint will be fine.... Just make sure the paint is cured, that will be on the inside of the rim. Krylon Fusion plastic paint is perfectly fine. I've used it on pieces inside the tank without any issues.

snakeblitz33

Spray paint will be fine.... Just make sure the paint is cured, that will be on the inside of the rim. Krylon Fusion plastic paint is perfectly fine. I've used it on pieces inside the tank without any issues.Yup. I have also used krylon fusion before. Even though it dries in 30 minutes, its best to wait a couple of days before filling the tank or putting it in fish water.
A lot of people are starting to even spray paint their pvc plumbing pipes to distinguish what gors where. Kinda neat.

lcaldwell85

Oh, it will have plenty of time to cure. LOL. I'm doing this now and the stand has to be build, filtration bought, etc...
I will get some pics of the tank for you guys soon. Pretty uneventful looking so far though. Big glass box.