125 Pictures/Suggestions

M

mlandrigan

Hey everyone....
I'm gonna be setting up a 125 gal tank in about 5 month (after I get married....whohoo!). She's actually excited about that (good problem to have). Anyway...I was wondering for those of you who have a 125, if you could post some full tank pictures of both the display tank and your hardware setups. We want to do this right the first time and would like to see some good tank setups. Thanks in advance!
Matt

M

mlandrigan

Doesn't anyone have a picture of their 120-135 gal tank?

M

mlandrigan

Hey Blemmy_Guy,
Would you mind giving me the specs on your tank such as filtration, pump size, lighting (looks like regular flourescent to me). Do you have a refugium and if so, what size is it? What kind of cleanup crew do you have?
Looks awesome...mine is sitting in my dad's barn until we move into our house -- can't wait to get things going!
Matt

blemmy_guy

ok, for starters theres 160 lbs of rock, which is all im getting , and ive added 40 lbs of live sand to it since ive taken those pics. In the first pic it has my new lights, but the actinics only were on. they come on in the morning till about 10:00 am then the metal halides come on till about 5:00 pm, then back to actinics only. heres a better look at the bottom side of the lights. As for filtration i use a wet/dry 150 pro-clear with built in skimmer, i have 2 cap 2200 pumps plus my cap 1800 that runs the skimmer,and 2 300 gph power heads that are hidden behind the rock at the bottom and back of the tank. one at each rear corner. Ill get a few updated pics today, and try and post them tonight. Let me know what else your needing to know. now go get that tank out of the barn!!! and get some water in it!!
Todd