135 gallon round reef tank table build

rynosreef

i was planning on covering the styrofoam with the mix and styrofoam will be scrupped off after the mix has harded. also got some paint today so i can paint the bottom of the tank black.

rynosreef

ok so i painted the bottom of the tank today and the styrofoam just the way i want it and here are some pics of everything so far. so with the styrofoam i its would be to big to place it in a 55 gallon to cure so i have to break it into 4 parts will show u more when i get there. i will be picking up some old barn siding that will wrap the stand. it will be staind up and looking good after i done with it.

rainbow grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosreef http:///t/387999/135-gallon-round-reef-tank-table-build/40#post_3423451
ok so i painted the bottom of the tank today and the styrofoam just the way i want it and here are some pics of everything so far. so with the styrofoam i its would be to big to place it in a 55 gallon to cure so i have to break it into 4 parts will show u more when i get there. i will be picking up some old barn siding that will wrap the stand. it will be staind up and looking good after i done with it.

Really is looking good. It will certainly look great when it's finished.

rynosreef

so i made a sample batch of portland and curshed coral and rock salt. ratio 2/3:2:1 but found out that the salt is just way to big for my likings. so tomorrow i am planning on breaking up the salt smaller. and trying that out. but the portland and crushed coral looked good so i am hoping making the salt smaller it should look better. pics will be coming soon.

spanko

The rock salt, even though it looks big, will give you many varied sized of holes for bacteria and fauna to inhabit. Just a suggestion.
Are you goint to tie the uprights together through the middle some how? I think some cross bracing through the middle would give some peace of mind that the tower would not collapse with the weight of the tank.

spanko

The rock salt, even though it looks big, will give you many varied sized of holes for bacteria and fauna to inhabit. Just a suggestion.
Are you going to tie the uprights together through the middle some how? I think some cross bracing through the middle would give some peace of mind that the tower would not collapse with the weight of the tank.

rynosreef

i was planning on tieing the two football shape together as a whole and have the football shape set on the bottom piece. i am planning on making the bottom more solid to support the football shape that will set right on top of it.

rainbow grouper

well basically tank mate rule for bamboo sharks.
IF IT CAN FIT IN ITS MOUTH CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SAY GOODBYE.
I've heard large tangs and large angels are good tank mates why don't you try a large blue hippo or mimc( want another member in the choclate tang keepers club LOL)
Ideal species of tankmates
Hawks,hogs,rabbits,lions, scorpions, sweet-lips,surgeon-fish.

rynosreef

well my bamboo has been with my reef tank for so long and yet none ove my clowns or smaller fish have been eaten. but i want to stay way from small fish with him. but the gourper i want would get to big for a 135. lion fish would be nice a sting ray i was thinking.

rynosreef

its set up as a reef and will stay as a reef. the 135 will just go into another room lol. i just cant stop reefing lol

rynosreef

so my list of fish that i want for this 135 fish only tank is as followed.

California Stingray
Clown Triggerfish
Dragon Wrasse
moon wrasse

and bamboo