135 mixed reef

wattsupdoc

Just took a few pics of my 135. It's an oceanic 135 gal. reef readu DT, with split sump and refugium filtration. 2-260w Ice cap powered XM 10,000k MH, 4 super actinic T5 ho actinics. Anyways, heres a few shots. Hope you like

wattsupdoc

Dad gum starfish, every time I turn around there's another hoppin' out of the tank. BTW, there's 6, but you cant see the other two. I've got some more pics, I'll post them later. I also have 300.00 worth of Tyree and ORA frags coming this Thursday.

wattsupdoc

Unfortunately, I'm not that great of a photographer. But I'm working on it. I've got a new lens coming for my Canon Rebel XTI, its a SIGMA 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Lens. Anybody using that lens? I here decent things about it, for the price. Any one have any experience with it?

wattsupdoc

Thanks Joncat! Those AOG's are awesome. I started with 3 of them, Now theres AT LEAST 30 thety are pretty large polyps too. I just got in 10 new SPS frags yesterday. Cant wit till everything gets grown out.

wattsupdoc

Few more macros I was able to snap while the halides were on. 250w Icecap EB, 10,000k XM's. The lens is awesome. These were all just one try shots. I didnt alter them or anything. Of course the color isn't that great under the 10,000K's. Additionally I could crop these and get right in there with the polyps.

Idaho Grape

Orange digi

Blue Tubs

Green monti cap

Wild blue yonder zoos.

wattsupdoc

Like this.

Realize I cant make out these polyps that well from right up next to the tank. This was shot from 4 foot away, which is about as close as it will focus in on the coral.

wattsupdoc

Thanks paul, that digi is getten ready to take off, you can see all the little branches starting. WOOOOHOOO!