140 reef pics (new)

oceana

just a few 12v 120cfm fans. tank stays at 81-82. i extended my hood to be 18" so that helps alot as well

matty0h_52

Can you post some pics of your hood if you dont mind? Im still trying to decide if i should build one or buy a celing mount system

fishy7

Oceana
Nice looking tank! Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration to all who enjoy the hobby!
:cheer:

matty0h_52

Thats awsome. But what do you do for the actinic "look" a 20,000? Whith out a VHO setup arent you missing out on that "actinic" look of the tank. Where everything looks as if it glows?

oceana

yes my bulbs are all radiums (20K) best of both worlds not only does my tank look very bright white but the corals also glow as if under actinic only. 20k is not nearly as blue as some people think it is. but it makes the corals glow just like a pure actinic bulb would

carshark

Originally Posted by oceana
yes my bulbs are all radiums (20K) best of both worlds not only does my tank look very bright white but the corals also glow as if under actinic only. 20k is not nearly as blue as some people think it is. but it makes the corals glow just like a pure actinic bulb would
I use 400 watt 20,000K radiums too, what an awesome color it produces, you should see it when the actinics and the MH are running.. those colors just "POP"!!!

oceana

not really she started it but has nto done a whole lot. been a busy few weeks. you can see a very small part of an outline in one of the last pics above. no detail has been done yet however just a basic outline

jayc

I absolutely agree with what pitbull said!! Your tank is insane!!
I sure hope I can get my little 55 to look as good as that one of these days. What all fish do u have in there? And how big is that hippo, he looks huge? Can u please post some more pics for all of our viewing pleasure?
Josh

nemo lover

[hr]
>B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L<

[hr]
now I see what miss out on when I don't frequent the boards as much. I can't wait to see pictures in about a year from now. Wow you really filled that tank quick.