14G Biocuber

adairable

Hello everyone!!
I need buddies that will help me with the million and one questions I have and am going to have about my new tank and hobby!
I am also new at this message board/forum thingy so if I do something wrong or break "forum etiquette" please let me know.
So if anyone wants to send me tips and stuff feel free. And tips about the forum would be helpful too :)

yerboy

welcome to the boards.
Im sure if you have any questions just post them here or in the other forums and you will be taken care of ...

adairable

Demartini~Thanks so much....btw mine just started making this crazy noise!!! i just got it a few weeks ago and when I turn the lights on the fan makes this absolutely outrageous noise for like a minute and then stops...Im kinda angry about it!!!

demartini

Originally Posted by Adairable
Demartini~Thanks so much....btw mine just started making this crazy noise!!! i just got it a few weeks ago and when I turn the lights on the fan makes this absolutely outrageous noise for like a minute and then stops...Im kinda angry about it!!!
really!? mine doesn't do that. If it keeps making a crazy noise then take it back for another one...I would

adairable

do you think they would just give me a new hood?? It goes away like after a minute so I am torn....deal with it or try to get a new one?! I don't know

ahmoser

My 29 biocube fans make noise after I have the hood up for a few minutes like if I'm doing a waterchange or other maintanance. I just turn them of for a second and cut them right back on and the noise is not there. Don't think its abig problem, but taking mine back is not an option at this point!

adairable

yea i know its not a huge deal but i feel like i paid so much for it and it should be perfect....ya know? and like you said I really don't have the choice of taking it back now either

yerboy

sounds like your fan may be loose, maybe open it up and try to tighten the screw that hold your fans in.
Also good luck and keep us updated on how everything goes for you.

demartini

well you paid a lot, so you should get a tank with no problems... right? I would try to exchange it. My fish store would give me a new one if I had that problem. How long have you had your tank?

adairable

Originally Posted by DeMartini
well you paid a lot, so you should get a tank with no problems... right? I would try to exchange it. My fish store would give me a new one if I had that problem. How long have you had your tank?
I got it for Christmas and I have only had water in it snce the 27th and it started making that insane noise about a week and a half ago. Next time I go the store I am going to mention it....maybe they will just give me another hood so I don't have to start over...:)

d-90

my BioCube 14 made a "bad noise" also. Mine had one bad fan. It would run normally when the hood was up.

demartini

Originally Posted by Adairable
I got it for Christmas and I have only had water in it snce the 27th and it started making that insane noise about a week and a half ago. Next time I go the store I am going to mention it....maybe they will just give me another hood so I don't have to start over...:)
Yeah I'm sure they will switch out the hood then.

pattip725

Originally Posted by ahmoser
My 29 biocube fans make noise after I have the hood up for a few minutes like if I'm doing a waterchange or other maintanance. I just turn them of for a second and cut them right back on and the noise is not there. Don't think its abig problem, but taking mine back is not an option at this point!
My 14 bio cube was making a lot of fan noise, I called & wrote to oceantic
I tighteded up the screws for the fans, still alot of noise, so I called again and they sent me 2 new fans that work good without the noise

vsandme

the noisy fan probally isnt an issue, I have a 24gallon that doesnt make the noise but my 12gallon does for a minute every time i turn the lights on, the cooling fan motors will do that I assume, i though it was a dying motor, but months later no problems

adairable

Thanks everyone for the reassurance! I think since it seems o be a common complain if I were to call/write oceanic they would probably send me a couple new fans....and what would it hurt to have them around? And maybe I will still mention it at the store.

sang4201

call oceanic, they will quickly send new fans. I had the same problem and I got new fans in a couple of days

adairable

Well I gave them(oceanic) a call and they are shipping me two new fans....and some filters for fun! YAY!!!

Thanks for the advice guys!
so what should I get for my tank first???? I mean in the living since...
right now i have:
20 Lbs of LR
20 Lbs of LS
10 blue hermits
10 turbo snails
is that too many? i mean i think there is enough algea for them. They sure seem to have a blast eating