180 build

acrylic51

He want's wicked!!!!!!!!
My first question is the tank staying in the basement or coming to the main floor of the house.....My next question is any chance of drilling the end or you want to stay on the back wall of the tank.......
Seth already has a good idea what is involved in the BeanAnimal overflow design......I also sent you some quick snap shots of the parts we'll be dealing with....

snakeblitz33

Yeah, beananimal looks pretty easy to do, actually.
Looks like a good start.
I'm still curious what he wants to keep! lol ... that will ultimately determine flow rates and lighting.

on the other side of the basement we biult a nice room 26ft by 18ft....just got it done..the tank is going in there with a hd tv lol
when you say end to you mean the sides or end of the back plane of glass

snakeblitz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingcoastal http:///t/390406/180-build/20#post_3458103
on the other side of the basement we biult a nice room 26ft by 18ft....just got it done..the tank is going in there with a hd tv lol
when you say end to you mean the sides or end of the back plane of glass
beananimal can be done on either sides or the back glass. Pick your poison!

acrylic51

The sides......The sides would be more practical if it was in an enclosed stand of some sort or in wall. The back is most practical for most......Either way the system will work......

it is gonna sit in the center of our wall so backside would be best..we actually designed our room around how we were gonna put the tank

it want be all way against wall..it is gonna actually sit out from wall and wife has two nive fake trees to go on each side..they are palm trees !

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/390406/180-build/20#post_3458114
how would one go about adjusting the overflow siphon with the ball valve if it is butted against the wall?
Seth the valves don't have to be in the exact location as they are shown in the pics.....I guess I could throw the pics up here as well, but some have opted to put the valves down low just before it drops into the sump........There's another reasoning for that as well, but if you've read the thread there are so many pages I can't remember everything....Heck I had to have the laptop there as I adjusted so I could reread if I needed.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingcoastal http:///t/390406/180-build/20#post_3458118
it want be all way against wall..it is gonna actually sit out from wall and wife has two nive fake trees to go on each side..they are palm trees !
Let's see some more pics......Again the valve can always be positioned underneath the stand to where you can reach them easily........but having access to the backside of the tank makes life a little easier as well.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingcoastal
http:///t/390406/180-build/20#post_3458120
the tank has a nice custom made lid for it!
We want pics!!!!! We want pics!!!!! We want to see all the goodies!!!!!!!! Tank equipment that is!!!!!!!

snakeblitz33

lol. Ok Shawn, I didn't know that you could put the true union ball valves lower then that. That makes quite a bit of difference to me.
We want more pics! lol

acrylic51

Yes you can.....that topic comes up much later in the thread, and some has to do with the plumbing layout some people have to use to get things routed to the sump......But honestly if you'd have the opportunity or chance to flow the tank before you get it to it's final resting place you could all but have it set before hand......
I do recommend using TruUnion valves, and through a bit of conversation with Corey who as well is running something very similar if not the same, it would make life a little easier if you put a gate valve there.....Some might not warrant the added expense of plumbing a gate valve there, but when you start trying to fine tune in small increments for water, it would make life a lot easier.....Also with this system don't think you give it a little tweak and expect it to adjust ASAP....Takes a minute (maybe not), but the adjustment isn't instant.....So be patient.

snakeblitz33

Personally I would say that's a little backwards. I would put the skimmer in the 40 breeder and use the 25g as the fuge.