180 Gallon Ich Filled Tank for Sale

mystic7

Because I sure as hell ain't gettin' anywhere with it! I can't get the damn water clear, I can't keep my fish ich free. I'm disgusted and fed up. If I took things any slower the tank would still be on the showroom floor, and still I'm having problems.

ohioguy06

Originally Posted by mystic7
Because I sure as hell ain't gettin' anywhere with it! I can't get the damn water clear, I can't keep my fish ich free. I'm disgusted and fed up. If I took things any slower the tank would still be on the showroom floor, and still I'm having problems.

Ok buddy dont beat yourself up yet........What fish do you still have in there........ we will start with this you have a beautiful tank and i would love to it succeeed(sp)....

mikeyjer

We've all been there. I know it's hard sometimes, but you have to keep your chin up. Start by looking what is going on with your tank first by checking your parameters. IF I was near by, I would of come over and help you out with it. Don't give up yet, keep on trying, maybe look into your local reef club and see if any members are in your area that can come and help you out a bit. :happyfish

rara12

i say get a smaller tank and just put sand and some plastic decor to cure the fish and let them live there for a while. I had a bad case of ich before and i lost all my fish :(
i let it sit for a month before getting another fish and it worked! since then i give my poor fish to a fish specialty store to hold onto and treat till i can take them back. dont sell you tank...

T

tizzo

Oh c'mon Mystic, it's no where near as bad as you are percieving it. Anybody who saw your tank in person would never think it was the slightest bit cloudy. Not even hazy, not even a little. As far as ick, you only have one single fish so that will be an easier fix than if you had 10!!
But if you still wanna sell it or even wanna trade, we'll talk.

psusocr1

hey M7
heres a pic of my water when i started, but in a few weeks its CRYSTAL clear, also make sure your glass is clean because thatsd where most of the "hazy" cloudiness comes from alot of times. Beleive me when starting its a frustrating hobby but its all worth it if you dont give up!! i also had to dealw ith 250 pounds of sand swirlling around for 2 weeks!!
BEFORE

AFTER ABOUT A MONTH

psusocr1

hahaha
thats not funny,,you wanna talk about frustrated , try imagining 10 people telling you that "it will be o.k its going to clear up"

i would have bet 1 million on it that it wouldnt clear up...BUT IT DID!!

wilsonreef

I agree with everyone else....I know it's frustrating but we'll help you get through this. Ich cannot live with out a host, and you have only one. I would take this one out and treat it in a QT tank. Leave it out for a while and if I'm correct since the ich has no host now it too will die. Check your water parimeters and with some water changes I think you'll be glad you kept your tank. I would also try some carbon in the filter to help clear up your tank just use a good brand. I promise it will clear up....

merredeth

Mystic:
Put your one fish in a quarantine tank and keep it there for six weeks. Do not put it back into the display tank until AFTER six weeks.
You might want to consider doing hypo on this fish if he shows signs of itch. In the diseases forum there is directions on how to do this as well as directions for freshwater dip procedures which you probably should print out as you will need them both at some time or another.
Ich has a six week life span and needs fish to survive. So, no fish in the display tank means that they will die if they cannot connect with fish.
I use a UV light which splits the DNA of itch and renders it unable to populate. Some people don't like them, but I am one who does. Since my single outbreak of itch I have not had a single one, and I believe a lot has to do with the fact I do use a UV in each of my tanks.
I'd buy your tank but in all honesty, I think if you listen to everyone here on the forum tell you how to do things and maybe if you talk your LFS into stopping by your home to show you the ropes of tasks you don't understand without seeing I really believe you have just as much of a chance for a successful tank as the rest of us do.
I know you can have a great tank but it takes a lot of work, a lot of questions and there is a learning curve that all of us go through. I highly doubt there is anyone on this board that hasn't had to learn some lessons the hard way.
Wishing you lots of luck and lots of patience...
Denise M.

mystic7

I'm not selling the tank. I just needed a pat on the head and a cookie. Thanks :)
Also thanks to Tizzo for giving me some outstanding frags today! (Don't worry, it's all stuff a beginner like me can handle).

kingspade

i also started off in a bad spot, i am only a month into the hobby and already lost $200 in fish due to ich, right now i am just doing the patience method i learned on here, my tank is just over a month old right now and i am not going to be able to drop a fish in until mid Februaury, just hold tight and i think it will work out for you, and TRUST ME, i am no man for patience but i am doing ok so far, i love this stuff and i will do whatever it takes to make it go the right way, i think you should too and you will be very thrilled of the results. i have been going out of town the last couple weeks with my unclw who has a reef tank, buying frags and corals from people in our local reef clubs and MAN i tell you what, i cannot wait until my tank looks like some of those peoples do. And they all tell me the same thing, (It Took a LONG TIME for me to get this where it is) It will work out man!!!! Heres my tank now, pics took yesterday. Sump and halides to come in a coulple weeks!!

merredeth

mystic7 Also thanks to Tizzo for giving me some outstanding frags today! (Don't worry said:
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/data/smilies/drinkingcoffee.gif[/img] <--keeping warm with it because I've got 50 mph wind gusts to deal with today.

mystic7

I've got other people willing to give me frags too. And this isn't exactly a hotbed of saltwater tank activity.
btw, one frag, I don't know the name but it has stalks and a hand like thing that pulsates, seems to have not made it. It's kind of retracted and not pulsating, and it's kind of lavender/light purple when it was light brown/yellowish in Tizzo's tank. Do these things go dormant for a day or so, or is it dead?

olga

Mystic, I would gladly swap your problems on mine, LOL. But I do feel for you. Honestly I do. :)
I spent close to $800 (£600) during last 4 days, my tank started very slowly to clear up, and I was so happy. Well, my happiness did not last long, as today its started to become murky again. I am leading to the divorce with my husband because of all problems, stress and arguments about this hobby. LOL

mystic7

You're welcome to come be my mistress and enjoy my tank :)
I don't understand it, it started to clear up and then became murky again? I know you've cut down on feedings. Did you increase your filtration or water circulation? Did you try vacuuming the bottom of the tank when doing a water change?

olga

You're welcome to come be my mistress and enjoy my tank :)
I don't understand it, it started to clear up and then became murky again? I know you've cut down on feedings. Did you increase your filtration or water circulation? Did you try vacuuming the bottom of the tank when doing a water change?
Hey, its quite long way from UK to N.C to become your mistress. :)
I did added new filtration (running two filters now with added activ carbon and phosban media) and 2 powerheads, that was probably what started to clear water. Not a lot, but it was an improvement, and I thought: 3-4 years (LOL) with such progress, and it will achieve some transparency.
Now, I am back to square one. Its muddy again, like it was last week. Maybe its something to do, that I've added more LR and some chemicals to the water (Reef pack Fundamentals) and some cleaning crew.
I've bought a RO unit also, but have not installed it yet. (its a hubby job) Anyway, will do another water change today, not that I think it will achieve anything. I am just going around the circles.

mystic7

If you've just recently done a water change, wait until hubby installs the R/O.
Believe me, I'm the last person you should be taking water clearing lessons from! But let me ask again, did you vacuum the bottom of the tank when you did your water change? I have a feeling you're going to be pulling up tons of brown stuff. If you didn't, DO IT! And stick a .50 micron filter pad in your filters (9 bucks for enough to make 3 pads, reusable) to get out as much of the aragonite dust as possible.