1st South Side Swap Meet

spicey

ha thanks for clearing that up amazingray. alright thats the date ill tell the agriculture lady tomorrow thats when were doin it. hey dont tell everyone that this is written in steel just yet thats the time but im 99% positive its a go!

fishyrishy

amazingray. i live by rt 83 and central....cool anyway. thanks. i will try to get some other people to stop in.

fishyrishy

:jumping: i went with a buddy of mine, it was out in steager. unreal.... frags for 2 bucks. giant colonys for 15.00 to 20.00. i seen 50 plus zoo rocks for 15.00. these swaps are the way to go. snails for a dime each.

amazingray

"hey dont tell everyone that this is written in steel just yet thats the time but im 99% positive its a go!"
oops!!! I had better change some things on my site then. ahhhhhh!

spicey

ahh im sorry amazingray i just didnt want to say yeah were having it and then something pop up or something but unless it does thats the day. sorry about that

wow fishyrishy whens the next one of those frag swaps id sure like to go to that!

spicey

YGM wow i am very impressed with the site and the ad for the swap! u must have taken a long time to make that. very cool

spicey

well i think its pretty cool i should set up a site like that. maybe we could use ur page as the ad to hand out

amazingray

That is an idea. Anyone that can make a flyer to bring to their local pet store and post it would be appreciated. Like the people on the west side (john, etc.). I can make some rounds tomorrow afternoon.

amazingray

:jumping: I might be able to get some nice stuff to raffle off from my friends at local pet shops. I have something nice to raffle, but one item isn't enough to raffle.

spicey

wow thats really great! i will bring flyers to park pets and animal krackers this weekend since i live right by there and if i go out to chicago aquatics or something ill bring some too. ill have to look but i dont think i have anything people would really want to win in a raffle lol. ill try to see if theres something we can do at the school to draw more people in. o ill ask the office if we can put a messege on the sign thinggy out in front too. o and would u be raffling just for the "club" or whatever u want to call it or for profit? if it was up to me i would let u keep the profits i guess??

amazingray

That is what I hoped we could do...perhaps talk to the agric. lady at your school. I volunteered at the Shedd Aquarium for a 1 1/2, but quit/took a leave due to my injury. I enjoyed giving chats to the kids and spark their imaginations with fish. That is what I hope to do in the area schools...bring awareness and conservation. I may not have the richest business in the world, but I am far more rich in knowledge than most pet stores(you know spicy...you worked at one). Think about it...You see how they care for the fish they sell(I know from being the loser that I am...visiting the local pet stores....a lot!!!!!)...do I really want to purchase something that is cared for like that. Each one of my clients becomes excited about their aquarium as I am. Not like a normal pet store....This gives me the opportunity to learn along with my customers. Kinda like my own little aquarium club, since most are freshwater people. If you owned a pet store, would it be like most the pet stores you see?

amazingray

Originally posted by spicey
wow thats really great! i will bring flyers to park pets and animal krackers this weekend since i live right by there and if i go out to chicago aquatics or something ill bring some too. ill have to look but i dont think i have anything people would really want to win in a raffle lol. ill try to see if theres something we can do at the school to draw more people in. o ill ask the office if we can put a messege on the sign thinggy out in front too. o and would u be raffling just for the "club" or whatever u want to call it or for profit? if it was up to me i would let u keep the profits i guess??

:jumping: I will call parks pet shop to let them know you are coming. They are family friends. I grew up with jim.

spicey

o wow Jim knows me tell him its Matt lol its pretty sad when the pet store ppl know u by name lol well thats cool
wow yeah thats sounds really great as far as club and stuff, and yes i can tell u that LFS people will tell u some crazy things from working at one, even to "take the new shipment and rinse everything under the sink to get the parasites off" ha ha i was seriously told to do that but i wont say who said it. when we have this meet you can meet our agriculture teacher lady and im sure if u wanted too, they would love to have you speak at the school, especially in the animal science class where we have aquaculture and stuff and a vet as the teacher.

spicey

o wow Jim knows me tell him its Matt lol its pretty sad when the pet store ppl know u by name lol well thats cool
**Mr. Sparks** sorry about that dont want to be disrespectful:nope: