2 pumps/ 1 for back up ? AUTO

newfishliny

Does anybody have a backup pump if one burns out,
Is there a way to hook it up and it turns on auto with some type of relay switch or if the elect goes out how about some type of power pack. " Food for thought "
Don

Alot of people have battary powered air pumps for back up. you can use an ups for power back up or a generator. I am new to this so I am sure others will have better opinions. As for two pumps as a back up I haven't heard anyone say anything about it but I am sure someone on here has one and will be able to give you some idea about it. I am sure there is an auto back up system out there somewhere. What size tank do you have? Good luck.

bang guy

I run two pumps on my system, one for each return. If one burns out (happens about every 10 years) then the tank is just fine with one until I can get it replaced.

josh

Hi,
I know a few people that have backup return pumps. The trick to save yourself a lot of headache down the road is the run the two INLINE, just with one of them off. That way if one fails you won't have to mess with hooking the other one up. This will effect the head pressure a bit but it shouldn't be a big deal.
*** Holy crap Bang you already have over 1300 posts since July....where do you find the time? :p

Sorry for off topic. But Josh were in St. louis? Orig From St. louis. I will post in the newbie section with your name to continue this.