20 long shmaa

norway

im not even going to act like i know what im talking about and give you the whole "captains log" on my tank but here are the basics.
20 long, 10 sump/fuge (right now only live rock in the fuge but i plan on getting some light and macro algae but i have to fit in a protein skimmer sooner or later, ha)
the two are connected by 3/4" pvc (drilled the glass)...left side drains and right side returns.
2X65 watt pc and diy led moonlight all on timers
mag drive for tank-sump circulation and output with maxijet 1200 for in tank circulation
penguin mini with biowheel
fish:
maroon clown
yellow watchman goby
inverts:
green bta
coral banded shrimp
3 turbo's
various hermits
i plan on adding a pistol shrimp for the goby and more hermits
corals:
yellow polyps
i plan on adding some gsp, a complete zoo farm, candy canes, various shrooms and what ever else catches my eye
ive lost track of how much sand and rock i have but you see...
i do 10% water changes every sunday
really all im trying to show off is my stand...i built it myself and am really pleased with the design and finished product, except for the lack of space for a protein skimmer. i might have to try an in-line. but i love how the stand eliminates all light, plumbing, wires, and NOISE!!! so many beautiful tanks out there and when you see them from the side.....ugly....imo. anyways here it is guys. hope you like.

K

krustytheclownfish

Looks good. Quick question, what do you have on the end of the powerhead?
John

norway

thanks guys......
sorry the pic of the tank isnt very clear.
the thing on the end of my ph is a diy y to split the current... its a maxijet1200.... too much current in my tank, the sand was getting kicked up. i made it with 1/2" clear tubing and superglue

crazy4reefs

looks good ! i like that idea you had with the splitter. did you use regular airhose tube ? was it tube that was already split ? sorry if its a stupid question.

norway

no stupid questions.
i bought it from my lfs but im pretty sure its the same stuff that home depot has... i just cut it with scissors
1 peice about 3 inches long and cut two 45's on the end so it makes a point
2 peices with one full 45 angle cut.
just think about carpentry and how you would cut trim to y around a corner

norway

oh and before you glue it all together...make sure to take your ph out of your tank, boil some water, and fit the uncut end of the 3" peice to your ph outlet
(the tubing large enough to fit ph's slips off too easy underwater and the tubing small enough is too small to not have to boil it and get it soft enough to squeeze it on the ph.) (just like fitting a mouthpeice to your teeth)

norway

thanks vibe!
i have taken pride in attempting a "natural look"...it seems like every other day i end up not liking what ive set up, ha. plus 20 gallons doesnt leave much room for the imagination.
ClarkiiClo...i tried to make a 3-way yesterday but it was just too meticulous. (is that how you spell meticulous??)