200 Gallon fish room

vcreefer26

:jumping: Say good bye 70 gallon HELLO 200 reef. Tonight I started on my lastest project which is a 200 gallon tall tank that measures 60x24x30. The filter system will be a double sump with a fuge and a EuroReef protien skimmer with a Iwaki 70 for a return pump. I also be running a 1/4th chiller to keep the water cool from the MH's and VHO's. Lighting with be 4x175 10k MH's and 2x140 atinic VH's also there will be 24 LED's for the moonlights. All the lighting, pumps, heating and chilling will be controlled by a Reefkeeper 2.
This is going to be a huge project since I am going to have to remove all the paneling from the walls first, then make a 6 foot hole in the wall to get access to the back of the tank and then frame and drywall everything. And I am going to be learning most of everything as I go. If you have any advice please let me know.
To let you know what is going on here picture #1 is the 200 gallon tank that I am going to use. #2 is where i am going to cut a hole in the wall for the access for the tank and all the filter systems are going in that room. #3 is where the tank is going to be built into the wall.

S

scoobs

200 Gallons.. I dont think that would even fit in my living room.. Would love to try it tho :p

cyclops

Good Luck and keep posting an update of photos so we can see your progress, cause one day I might want to do the same thing>

vcreefer26

Sorry no updates yet. I am having to remove alot of wood paneling from the walls and I am finding that the drywall is unfinished underneath thruout the 2 rooms that I am removing the paneling from, so I am going to have tons of drywall work to do. I am also having a hard time convincing my wife to let me cut a 6 foot hole in the wall. As soon as I get something new I will post some pics hopefully this week I will get to work on it. Thanx

bellanavis

Cool, now there are 3 of us making a room just for their tank, we can all help eachother out with ideas. Keep the updates coming.

vcreefer26

Well I am no doing my FR anymore because I am picking up a 400 gallon tank on Saturday. I have this tank listed on ---- if you are local and interested in buying it. Thanx

maelv

Well Bella, since VCReef is dropping off the list of FR, I will take his spot in the fish room building individuals.....I have a 135, with drywall in place, plastered, and sanded and ready to be painted this weekend.....once the entire room is painted....and then it will sit empty until my wife gets over the shock of how much it is going to cost to set it up and dear old Santa has come and gone.

bellanavis

Maelv, my fish room is taking so long, our foundation of our house crumbled on the one side, so we had to fix that first, so I think now they are ready to frame it out and start from there. Good luck!!!

sebae09

Originally Posted by BellaNavis
Cool, now there are 3 of us making a room just for their tank, we can all help eachother out with ideas. Keep the updates coming.

make that 4 im doing the same thing. i would love to help you guys with anything.

maelv

Originally Posted by BellaNavis
Maelv, my fish room is taking so long, our foundation of our house crumbled on the one side, so we had to fix that first, so I think now they are ready to frame it out and start from there. Good luck!!!

Sorry to hear about your foundation...that stinks...you'll have to post pictures of the progress.