200 gl shark tank

Here are some pictures of my 200 gallon Bamboo shark aquarium. There is a yellow head eel and a large panther grouper too.
I have a video of the eating in my blog.
Ro

mike22cha

Ya you may have to get a small pond for them soon because it looks like your bamboos are reaching adulthood and may need an upgrade. Cool sharks though.

The tank is 72 Inches lenght by 24 inches wide and 30 inches height. It's actually just over 220 gallons. I have a Sump and trickle filter under the aquarium that is 50 extra gallons. I hope they can stay in this one for the next year at least... I have a bigger tank in mind but I would have to make some space (and convince my wife) to get it. There is a place where I can get really large tanks (but I am not allowed to tell you about it here). here is a pic of the sump and trickle filter, the male eating and the eel that shares the tank
Ro

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
I think www.******.com would be cheaper, IMO.
The thing about glass aquariums is that they are heavier than acrylic ones so the shipping would be more expensive.

triga22

Glasscages sellls acyrilc. And I think you may want to upgrade real soon. It dosent look like they can turn around easily.

psusocr1

nice sharks.. def. need a larger tank and some rockwork for them to hide in so they feel comfortable and safe.. all bamboos love to hide for a part of the day to to relax.

Originally Posted by psusocr1
nice sharks.. def. need a larger tank and some rockwork for them to hide in so they feel comfortable and safe.. all bamboos love to hide for a part of the day to to relax.
I was afraid that if I had more rock on the bottom, it would take swimming space away... There are about 75 lbs of rock there right now. I will get a bigger tank soon… Just getting all ready for it. I got this tank from craigslist from a guy that had left it at his parents house and the father took it outside and left it on the driveway… the garbage collectors could not pick it up so se put an add and sold it to me for $250!!! Imagine that… After that I started searching for larger fish so I got the Panther grouper and soon after the sharks. They where about 2 feet long when I got them.
Ro

sepulatian

The tank is 72 Inches lenght by 24 inches wide and 30 inches height. It's actually just over 220 gallons. I have a Sump and trickle filter under the aquarium that is 50 extra gallons. I hope they can stay in this one for the next year at least... I have a bigger tank in mind but I would have to make some space (and convince my wife) to get it. There is a place where I can get really large tanks (but I am not allowed to tell you about it here). here is a pic of the sump and trickle filter, the male eating and the eel that shares the tank
I could be wrong, but that does not sound like, nor look like a 220 to me. The fish barely have room to turn around.
I hope they can stay in this one for the next year at least... I have a bigger tank in mind but I would have to make some space (and convince my wife) to get it.
The fish are beautifull, but the eel and the grouper are the only ones that will be able to live in that tank for another year or so. I am not trying to flame you at all. The sharks will need to be upgraded sooner. Get convincing the wife

There is a video on my blog of the sharks eating... There you can really see how big the tank is but aparently I can't show you where my blog is... send me an IM if you want to see it...
Ro

mike22cha

Gallons doesn't matter when it comes to sharks, deminsions do. I could have a 1300g tank that is 14x6x2 and it wouldn't be good enough for a horn shark or eppie. Of course that is an unrealistic tank deminsions,but just trying to show my point.

babyb

how big is your eel, i have that same eel as well and i just wanted to see how big yours was, mines about 13 or 14 inches now, you gota watch him he love to finger chase, im afraid to move anything in the tank because of him and his teeth lol

crimzy

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Gallons doesn't matter when it comes to sharks, deminsions do. I could have a 1300g tank that is 14x6x2 and it wouldn't be good enough for a horn shark or eppie. Of course that is an unrealistic tank deminsions,but just trying to show my point.
Maybe it's just me but I don't understand this post at all. You're saying that a tank that is 14' x 6' x 2' could not house a horn shark or an eppaullette. How do you figure? I must be reading this wrong.

fishieness

when he is tryign to say is that if the tank were really large, it still may not be the best thing for a shark tank becacuse if it were really skinny, they would not have enough room to turn aroun. yes, they coul swim all day long from one en to the other, but it owul be like you going through a narrow alleyway.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by crimzy
Maybe it's just me but I don't understand this post at all. You're saying that a tank that is 14' x 6' x 2' could not house a horn shark or an eppaullette. How do you figure? I must be reading this wrong.
Oh sorry, I didn't put that right. I meant if it were realy tall and long and not that wide, it wouldn't be able to house a shark. 14'longx6'tallx2'wide again not a lot of tanks out there that tall, but still. Get my point now? Yes if it were 6' wide it'd be good. But most show tanks are tall and long and not wide, which are not good for sharks.