2008 Photo Contest Instructions

S

swfphotoadmin

Announcing the 2008 Saltwaterfish.com photo contest!
Get your cameras out, have your animals strike a pose, and get ready to see your name in lights on the saltwaterfish.com website. Welcome to the 2008 Saltwaterfish.com photo contest.
This year we are assigning specific fish, invertebrates, and corals for each contest period. The contests will be spaced at one week intervals for submissions, and all photographs in that contest must be uploaded within the posted dates. Then for the next two weeks the polls will be open for voting. There will be a separate section for posting in each weekly contest. Our software will automatically resize your image to meet the required specifications. The exception to this is if the image is too small.
See the calendar below for the species and dates.
The winning entries will be used on our website to accompany descriptions of our livestock, and photo credits will be given so the world can see your photographic excellence. Winners grant release in exchange for a $20.00 store credit.
All the winners will be entered into a drawing for a complementary $250.00 shopping spree at Saltwaterfish.com!
Photographs will become the property of Saltwaterfish.com and you will release all rights to the photograph. They must be original photographs, taken by you. Absolutely no poaching from the internet please. The ultimate criteria for success, and the question we’ll all ask as we’re looking at your shot is, will your photograph motivate someone to buy that particular animal?
JUDGING
We are looking for photographs that accurately represent the various species and will motivate someone to purchase that species. Winners will be determined by your Saltwaterfish.com fellow members. Members will be contacted if their photograph has won, after judging is complete.
Rev up your cameras and let’s get ready to rumble! Have fun and send us your best quality images. After last year’s success, we are excited and can hardly wait to see your great shots.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
Please enter digital photographs that are either 448 x 336 or 336 x 448 pixels.

To submit entries, you will need to be logged in. Please register if you have not already. Click on the “Photo Contest” link in the "Photography Forum." Or Click here: https://www.saltwaterfish.com/photopost/ On the next page select the item you are submitting a picture of. You will only be able upload into a category during the week that category is active. You will then be brought to a new page. On this page click on “Upload Photos.”
Next hit the “Browse” button to locate the photo on your computer. Finally click on “upload/submit.” Your photo will then upload. You will see the message “Processing Upload... Please Wait!” Once your photo has uploaded you will see it displayed. Success! You have entered the contest. All contests are open for submissions from Friday to Friday until 12:00 noon, Eastern Time.
Contest Submission Period Voting Period
1-October 24-October 31, 2008 October 31-November 14, 2008
2-October 31-November 7, 2008 November 7-November 21, 2008
3-November 7-November 14, 2008 November 14-November 28, 2008
4-November 14-November 21, 2008 November 21-December 5, 2008
5-November 21-November 28, 2008November 28-December 12, 2008
6-November 28-December 5, 2008 December 5-December 19, 2008
7- December 5-December 12, 2008December 12-December 26, 2008
8-December 12-December 19, 2008December 19-January 2, 2008
If you have questions please post them here. Thanks, and good luck!

S

swfphotoadmin

Yes! This is the perfect place to post questions regarding the contest. Good luck everyone!!!-Grayce

S

swfphotoadmin

You are welcome to post more than one picture, but post your best to get the most votes. Keep in mind that if you post several that are very similar you'll end up with the votes divided between them. In other words you are better off having fellow members not torn between two of your great shots. -Grayce

S

swfphotoadmin

You are welcome to post more than one picture, but post your best to get the most votes. Keep in mind that if you post several that are very similar you'll end up with the votes divided between them. In other words you are better off having fellow members not torn between two of your great shots. Does that make sense?-Grayce

socal57che

I uploaded a pic, but it did not show up in the thread. What am I doing wrong?
I got the upload successful message, but it does not show up in the thread or "my photos" under my profile.
Seems to work fine...up to the point where it applies the photo to the thread. Failed to appear twice. I tried Yellow polyps and Ricordea Yuma threads.

S

swfphotoadmin

socal57che, what category did you upload you photo to? I'll look into this for you. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

S

swfphotoadmin

Make note that each week there is a different contest. Be sure to upload to the current week, as shown in the dates on the header of each contest.

socal57che

Originally Posted by SWFphotoadmin
http:///forum/post/2809986
socal57che, what category did you upload you photo to? I'll look into this for you. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Thanks,
Yellow Polyps category (1st try)
&
Yuma Ricordea Mushroom category (2nd try)

cranberry

When you are saying we give up all rights, does that mean we can't post the picture anywhere else if we win?

socal57che

That was it.
Large file sizes do not work.
I resized the image and it loaded just fine...
See ya in the Yuma gallery.

socal57che

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2810262
This thread is for photo questions... and I thought they quit doing that email thing
There is an email notification option to let you know when someone posts for the contest. Maybe it is deactivated, but the button still shows up.

(Sorry to get off topic here ) but can a Mod please check my control pannel becuase i am not getting any notifications when a reply comes in and id like to