210 Tank Pics...11-01-06....New Rock and Corals

efishnsea

Originally Posted by fanker
very nice any full tank shots without flash?
Here you go FANKER. NO FLASH..............The left side is running a 420nm actinict bulb on the front strip.... and the rest are 460nm. I had a little accident the other night. They are 3-10K 250 coralvues, I just ordered the 14k coralvues for 54.95 each.....

N

nereef

i don't think i can give an adequate compliment without swearing. very nice tank.

puffer32

Originally Posted by efishnsea
I dont think you can ever have too much rock as long as it looks ok :notsure: . If anything it benefits the tank and its creatures. Thanks for the comments
I look foward to seeing some pics of your tank, as every
tank I have ever seen is quite amazing.
My tank is only 6 months old, so no big deal. Besides my camera needs upgrading, when I post pics, don't get to many comments on the blurry pics
I have a thing for rics, so your tank amazes me! I just got afew new ones today, if I can take some decent pics I will post them.

miamireefr

Originally Posted by efishnsea
Thanks :joy: for the reply. The rock slopes back about a foot or so off of the bottom to the back glass. There is plenty of room and lots of caves and tunnels for the fish (only 5). Actually there is a 2' wide 16" high ledge in the center at the bottom that goes all the way to the back glass which is connected to a 1'x1' tunnel that runs the whole back side of the tank. It is not just piled in as I wanted lost of good circulation throughout the whole tank. You would have to see it in person to see what I'm talking about.

Then I stand corrected
.. very sweet but my opinion was based on those angles of the tank...seeing the pic you posted later shows the slope you mention... Kick ASS tank man .....and I hope you have taken every measure to ensure that it stays that way....power outage, generator, or battery backup...etc etc.... thats to much $$, blood, sweat, and tears to see anything bad happen.
SIMPLY Beautiful!

efishnsea

Hey Reefer
Yep after Frances(3wks no pwr) and Jeanne(2wks no pwr) almost wiped out my old 75g, I have back up generator, actually during Wilma I lost power for 2weeks as well. Thank god for the generator. The hardest part was finding gas anywhere. I started with 45 gallons and that lasted a week... Man it sucks to lose poiwer for that long....Thanksfor the comments

efishnsea

Originally Posted by Crox
Did you ever counted all those rics?
No but I'll get a count this wknd. and let you know!!!!

maxalmon

Nice job, I kinda figured you were in Florida with all those rics!!!! Are you collecting yourself or buying local? Looks awesome.
You can never have too much LR, check out pics of my tank and you'll see that I'm on the same page as you and your tank setup/design. I also like to keep my tank equipment setups pretty simple, funny how so many people put hours and hours of design work and $$$ into plumbing elaborate systems, when all you need is a tank, lots of LR, a good pump, some power heads, skimmer and good lighting to create the Jewel that you now have....Good job.

jayc

Looks like you have to many rics!!! You want to give me some?
lol jk
Sweet tank!!!!!
-Josh

efishnsea

Originally Posted by maxalmon
Nice job, I kinda figured you were in Florida with all those rics!!!! Are you collecting yourself or buying local? Looks awesome.
You can never have too much LR, check out pics of my tank and you'll see that I'm on the same page as you and your tank setup/design. I also like to keep my tank equipment setups pretty simple, funny how so many people put hours and hours of design work and $$$ into plumbing elaborate systems, when all you need is a tank, lots of LR, a good pump, some power heads, skimmer and good lighting to create the Jewel that you now have....Good job.
buying, i'm pretty sure its a illegal to take them......As far as the equipment your right "keep it simple
" Thanks for the comments

efishnsea

Originally Posted by maxalmon
One more question, I see you have your rics mid level, do they like the brightness?
They seem to do okay there....It seems that the ones that dont get that much light are bigger, but have the same color...I even have some much higher and are okay...good color ect. I have 3 250 10mhs and 4 96w actinicts

efishnsea

Originally Posted by Crox
Did you ever counted all those rics?
Alright I wanted to know myself about 350 polyps

petjunkie

Wow, you could probably sell all your rics and have twice the value of my tank.
I wish I had a lfs so bad. Your tank looks so good I might drive to Florida and steal it. j/k. Good job, it's got to be one of my favorite tanks on this board. What kind of live rock do you stock it with and how did you afford it all? My first purchase of live rock was $10 per pound for crap rock I find out later. Live and learn I guess. More pictures!!!!

efishnsea

Originally Posted by petjunkie
Wow, you could probably sell all your rics and have twice the value of my tank.
I wish I had a lfs so bad. Your tank looks so good I might drive to Florida and steal it. j/k. Good job, it's got to be one of my favorite tanks on this board. What kind of live rock do you stock it with and how did you afford it all? My first purchase of live rock was $10 per pound for crap rock I find out later. Live and learn I guess. More pictures!!!!

I bought most of it online about $4 a lb, most of which comes from Fiji. Around here there is Hatian LR for around $3 a lb uncured straight from Hati. It has some really cool shapes and sizes. The 75lb piece that makes up the shelf in the center of the tank came from the reef here in Jupiter about 23 years ago, when it was legal to take it. An old Jupiter salt hooked me up with that piece. Thanks for the comments
. SWF.com live rock is excellent
, its from Fiji as well....

efish :happyfish nsea