Thought i would post some pics of my tank. so here they are
stocklist:
1 burr webber puffer
1 bicolor angel
3 clowns
1 goby
misc hermits and blue legs
roughly 175lbs live rock
its a little dark for i'm working on finishing the stand and canopy and then i will get my lights.

jonny

can't decide if i should take some rock out or not. open it up maybe? don't worry i have powerheads in those rocks so there is flow behind there and through them. let me know what might look better.

H

heart & sole

are you planning on turning it into a reef tank? If so i would leave it how it is so there is more places to put corals. If not i would take alittle bit out to open it up for fish to swim through it. either way the aquascape still looks good..
you should post some pics when you get the stand and conopy finished...

jonny

hopefully soon i will get the stuff finished. might take the middle rock out and use two hill like formations. although the middle has the big cave so who knows. might leave the cave part.

babyb

great looking tank, can you post some pics of your fish, ive never heard of that kind of puffer

jonny

mines hiding at the moment so here is a picture i found off the net of a burr webber. its also mistakenly called a spiney box from what i have seen. SWF used to sell them but i didn't see them on the list at the moment.
its spikes are always up but look more soft. although i can tell you from previous experience they weren't soft. same personality as a porcupine and is a little smaller. although i could be wrong.

jonny

ok i moved some rock and took out about 25lbs. let me know what you think of the left side. the right side will be a job for tomorrow.

hopefully that picture loads for you

jonny

and yes i know its cloudy looking but i just moved the rocks so still needs to settle again hence why i didn't work on the right side.
i think on the right side i will use only a couple of rocks (one of which a 1 1/2ft slab and make some shelves) leave it a little smaller and open.

H

heart & sole

I think the new aquascape looks better then the old one...

babyb

ohhh i have seen them just never heard i called that, everywhere i have seen them they have been called burr boxfish

jonny

going to post some more pics tonight of the work i do for the left side here in a little bit. in the long run i still can't decide what route i want to go. full reef or fish only . maybe one day i will decide. getting the halides simple for the ripple effect and brightness but i guess i would have the ability if desired to go for the reef. who knows.

jonny

as promised some new pics. not entirely sure i like the right side yet. love the left but who knows. the tank is about 30-40 lbs leaner right now so i still got some rock to work with. there are three shelve "caves" on the right for the fish and then the openess throughout. i might add some smaller rocks throughout the middle to add depth we'll see.

and heres a pic of "cicero" not very good but its all i got.

let me know which aquascape you like better past or present.

H

heart & sole

I like the present aquascape better...i like the shelf idea on the left side

jonny

its like a mutt mixture of sands.
part sugar sized carib sea sand (chrushed agronite)
carib sea black and white
black deco sand
caribsea tahitian moon black fine sand
no crushed coral or anything like that all fine to small grade sands. really like the black in it so really it was whatever i could find to fill the tank and then some from various friends.

coral keeper

Very nice tank! I'd like to suggest something to you, you should put the fish foods that are on top of the tank some where els because a lot of people had accidents where the fish food was on top of the tank like yours and it fell into the tank and crashed the tank.