210g Reef Tank Pictures 08.02.07

efishnsea

Originally Posted by SaltyCrab
Wow amazing tank. One of the nicest I've seen online for sure. If you still want that red gorg let me know I still have it.
Thanks for the compliment..., I'll keep it in mind

dallas612

is it hijacking a thread if its about your 210 lol.

anyway, i noticed that you attached those frags to a rock that looks similar to some of rocks that i put in mine. mine are "bone rock" or "Texas holey rock" depending on who you ask, that i had previously in a African cichlid tank. is that what that is? and i understand that the porous base or live rock is the way to go but can this rock also be beneficial to my overall tank being that there are a lot of holes in it? i also noticed that my white bone rock grows a lot of algae while the live rock doesn't but i do see Coraline starting to form on it. is that normal?

isistius

sick sick sick sick sick.............
btw- efish and gator- coral reefer is shutting his doors. i was there today. almost nothing left. i picked up a small favia and zoo rock. landlord raised the rent too high. he has to be out by the end of the month. he did say that he'll be doing frags from home tho.

efishnsea

Originally Posted by dallas612

anyway, i noticed that you attached those frags to a rock that looks similar to some of rocks that i put in mine. mine are "bone rock" or "Texas holey rock" depending on who you ask, that i had previously in a African cichlid tank. is that what that is? and i understand that the porous base or live rock is the way to go but can this rock also be beneficial to my overall tank being that there are a lot of holes in it? i also noticed that my white bone rock grows a lot of algae while the live rock doesn't but i do see Coraline starting to form on it. is that normal?
I have noticed the bare rock grows more coraline and faster as well, uhhh. I found the rock on the beach and it is composed of sand particles that have been fused together. I looks cool and fits in the aquascape as well.

efishnsea

Originally Posted by Isistius
sick sick sick sick sick.............
btw- efish and gator- coral reefer is shutting his doors. i was there today. almost nothing left. i picked up a small favia and zoo rock. landlord raised the rent too high. he has to be out by the end of the month. he did say that he'll be doing frags from home tho.

What ohhh man...He was the best acro conection in town
. I guess I should get down there tomorrow, I have some store credit to use if there is anything left

puffer32

Originally Posted by dallas612

I have several pieces of TX holey rock in my 150. i didn't notice about the algae though, i did notice you can hardly tell the difference between it and my LR any more. So yes, its ok to use makes great base rock.

isistius

hey james- i'm in the process of setting up my frag tank. i'm going to need to get some frags from you

efishnsea

Originally Posted by Isistius
hey james- i'm in the process of setting up my frag tank. i'm going to need to get some frags from you
Cool, gotta love the frag tank!!!! Let me know when via pm....How big??? why dont you start a thread. I'm going to get some lobster Sat. am and Sun. am. Mabey you can stop by in the afternoon.....

efishnsea

Originally Posted by myzislow
Absolutely incredible! Talk about nice ricordia!!!!
Thanks, yep they are one of my favorites.....