220,000 Gallon Aquarium...

fishfanny79

Located in Boston Massachusetts. I visited the Aquarium in New England on Sunday and took a bunch of pics just for you guys and gals that live to far away to visit it. I borrowed my mom's digital camera and even got to take 2 videos of some of the tanks with it. Can anyone help me figure out how to post the vids for your viewing pleasures?
I'm sure there are similar aquariums around the US, but I really love Boston and think it's a great time. So here are my pics from the 220,000 gallon main tank (and some other pics further down of smaller tanks that they have - the reef tank is GORGEOUS)
ENJOY!
This first one is of a Sand Tiger Shark...about 14 feet long. And I'm sorry I didn't get more pics of the main tank, but everything was moving so dang fast that all I was getting was pics of fuzzy lines. I paid most of my attention to the TANG tank anyways!
:happyfish

fishfanny79

Some big fish...don't know if they are Mackerel or what though. P.S. Look how little the girl is compared to the fish!!

fishfanny79

Some Bangaii Cardinals in a nice reef. (My LFS calls them High Fin Cardinals) - after seeing them in every reef out in Boston, I bought 10 yesterday. My hope is that they will school (which they do) and keep all of my tangs occupied so they don't pay attention to each other. (there is no aggression among them now, but just in case I gave myself a cardinal insurance policy)

fishfanny79

Love this pic because I have the same tang. It is Acanthurus Nigricans or Golden Edge Tang or Gold Rim Tang...not to be confused with Acanthurus Japonicus or the White Face Tang...both are known as Powder Browns though.
There's a nice Pearl Bubble and a nice Carpet Anemone in there also.

fishfanny79

This tank kind of confused me...it was a tank of rock anemones...had to be hundreds of them from front to back of the tank. Wouldn't they sting each other??

fishfanny79

Some lobsters (and a big crab)...at feeding time the blue one was definitely king of the tank. The white one stated way out of his way.

fishfanny79

Being the tang lover I am, I saved the best for last. Off the top of my head, they had Purples, Yellows, Hippos, Unicorns, Sailfins, Powder Blues and Browns, Sohals, Clowns, Nasos, and even some clowns, angels, foxfaces and triggers. If you spot any other tangs though that I missed, please chime in.

And again, please don't mind that some of them are fuzzy...but it was VERY difficult to get pics of these FAST moving fish. It didn't help that I was trying to take pics as they were being fed. (Romaine Lettuce, mysis shrimp, and spinach - which I don't understand...they don't get lettuce and spinach in the ocean)