225G Updated Pics

meowzer

IDK if you can tell...but a couple weeks ago I posted how disappointed I was at the LACK of growth of this monti, well...if you looks bottom left of it you can see growth...and also right above that there is a spot that appears to be beginning to scroll..I HOPE

ajroc31

Very nice, really dig the cave in the middle. I would take that magnet off, it flattens out the cleaning side and loses its efficiency. I wish I could have a 220.

meowzer

Originally Posted by ajroc31
http:///forum/post/3282518
Very nice, really dig the cave in the middle. I would take that magnet off, it flattens out the cleaning side and loses its efficiency. I wish I could have a 220.
At that moment the magnet was begin used to hold the algae sheet :)
So you don;t leave your mag on the tank all the time??

ajroc31

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3282546
At that moment the magnet was begin used to hold the algae sheet :)
So you don;t leave your mag on the tank all the time??
I do the same, although I noticed that some fish prefer to have it attached to a small piece of lr. No I don't, I keep the two pieces apart out of the tank. Its hard to notice the difference when you use the same one, but if you were to get another one, a new one, you would notice how much better it cleans. The little bristles get flattened out by being pressed the entire time.

ajroc31

Really like the actinics picture, it does justice to your tank. Taking pics with flash on steals the beauty of the tank. I am going of frag happy like you are with your tank, can't wait till they start growing, I am sure you know the feeling. Every day you check every coral for even the smallest of growths, and when you see it, its Nirvana!!!

meowzer

Originally Posted by ajroc31
http:///forum/post/3282637
Really like the actinics picture, it does justice to your tank. Taking pics with flash on steals the beauty of the tank. I am going of frag happy like you are with your tank, can't wait till they start growing, I am sure you know the feeling. Every day you check every coral for even the smallest of growths, and when you see it, its Nirvana!!!
oh yeah....it just seems to come in splurges.....sometimes there is NOTHING :( and then BAMMMMM...LOL

nissan577

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh they look so beautiful for sure one of them will become a man! lol
but mom they look so beautiful!

meowzer

And then there were 4

Attachment 244098Attachment 244099
Poor little gal.....I looked all over when I got home and she was on top of the egg crate...baked under a metal halide....funny thing is I do not see how she fit
I would never be able to get her back thru it...but then again she is a little stuff now

meowzer

Well the good news is the 4 anthias seem to have adjusted...they are out and about...mixing and mingling :)
the bad news is the orange monti didn't make it

I have some new zoas, but they have not opened enough for me to get pics yet....maybe in a couple of days

posiden

What happened to your monti? Did it bleach out?
I still have that frag of green monti for you. I haven't forgot about it. I am not sure how to send it too you. I have never shipped any corals. The frag is probably about 2"x2" now. When the lights come on I can post a pic. Unless you have some green already?

meowzer

Originally Posted by Posiden
http:///forum/post/3284216
What happened to your monti? Did it bleach out?
I still have that frag of green monti for you. I haven't forgot about it. I am not sure how to send it too you. I have never shipped any corals. The frag is probably about 2"x2" now. When the lights come on I can post a pic. Unless you have some green already?
I only had the orange one day :( It must have not liked the ride LOL......
The monti's I have now are a brownish....in certain light they appear greenish
IDK how to ship this stuff either.....I am thinking they are very sensitive