24g Aquapod

plomanto

The clear coat on the stand was dry when I got home tonight. I am going to have a buddy of mine pick up 50lbs of rock in LA on monday

plomanto

I am still undecided about salt..I am thinking of getting sea water from a LFS in Merced but I am not sure I want to drive 40 miles every time I do a water change

plomanto

Here is a pic of the tank and stand. I am waiting for my RO system to make enough water.
I hope this works its the first time I tried putting up pics on the Mac

plomanto

Still making water...I will mix salt in the morning....My pal is going to pick up uncured live rock on Monday. As soon as I have the salt in and all is good I will add the live sand

nissan577

mix the salt in a 5g container or some were else with a powerhead for 24 hours. dont mix it in the tank. as for some salt will stay in the bottom

plomanto

Finally ordered rock today it should be here by Wednesday. I will post pics when I get the rock into the tank

plomanto

Well the rock is in. I tried to get all the rock in that I could. I did manage to get more than enough flat spots for coral placement in the future.

plomanto

Well the rock is in. I tried to get all the rock in that I could. I did manage to get more than enough flat spots for coral placement in the future.

plomanto

Raw shrimp has been in for 5 days. I am still not seeing much of an ammonia spike but a came home to a pretty sugnificpant brown algae bloom

spanko

So here is an option for you to consider. When uncured live rock is used normally the hobbyist is looking to get the most life he can direct from the ocean. This can include coral, alge, critters and a whole host of things. It is then beneficial to do a soft cycle to preserve this life through any ammonia spikes during the initial cycling. To accomplish this it is necessary to run filters, skimmers and do water changes anytime you see the ammonia reach a point of .5 reading. This will keep the ammonia low enough to let most of the life survive.
Just an option for you.

plomanto

Water tests show that I am near the end of the cycle....All I have to do now is build a rack for the Pirgen and Chemipure ......The clean up crew is about a week away