2700 gallon aquarium pics

superhero

Originally Posted by requiem
going to fl in 07-01-05 and colecting bonnets in the blue pool in the car
so I am going to keep 2 bonnets 1 black tip reef 2 leopards and 30 outher fish lookdowns tangs, rays(ribon tail blue spotted ray)

:joy:

sharkguy22

Requiem do you have to get permits for collecting bonnets or is there a size limit on catching or whats the dileo, I allways wanted to go catch my sharks and come back with them. cool

E

exile415

I think you just buy how many you would like and you choose the one you desire

sharkboy97

hey i just got back from shark fishing and i caught 15 bonnetheads anywhere from 1 to 4 feet so if u want to come fishing one day with me to get a few give me and e-mail

mikegray

im pretty sure he doesnt have a basement. he probably has a concrete floor. the water itself is 21600lbs. with nothing else.. lol

celacanthr

hey requim(spell check :) ) what is on the inside wall of your tank and how muck did the acrylic alone cost? WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW
im gonna pout till i get that.

acehigh

are you going to have guided tours of this aquarium? you could probably charge people money to... "swim with the sharks"...lol you could almost put a dolphin in there and teach it tricks...lol

M

manster

Sharkboy,Do you think you could catch and send overnight 2 bonnetheads to California?I would be willing to make it worth your while.Anybody that can ship bonnetheads to California,Email me at brtnelson@hotmail.com

superhero

Originally Posted by requiem
the aquarium is full of water and I will be adding the salt this tue. will have the first shark in there on jully 11 th and will have the first fish in there on the 28th of june.
Requiem

hey since they are in there, do you have any pics yet????

jcwarlock

HI Requiem! Great tank man! I am looking for some advice on building my own. I am building a new home this year and one of the high lights will be a large tank in the basement. Since I have an advantage of having contractors onsite for the foundation work, I was wondering if you could offer some pointers. The tank will be built into the corner of the basement as to use two walls for support and we will poor pillars ever couple of feet that the glass will slide down into. this tank will not be very deep, but very large in diameter. The idea is to be able to walk up to the tank in look down into it while standing on a padded bench that will surround the tank. or look through several viewing windows located on the front two sides. I am having the basement floor elevated a couple of inches under the tank to give it height. I am hoping for around 14 ft. square and around 4 or 5 ft. deep. We are going to make the tank slowly become more shallow towards the back corner to make a mock beach, just for looks with a few boats ancored off shore. I intend to include several sharks, but not the larger veriety like you are raising. Plumbing and lighting are my big issues. What would be smart for the contractors to do before pooring concrete. Should I take advantage and have some plumbing installed into the concrete, such as a center or lower corner drain? Any advice you could offer would be fantastic. I would even like to send you a drawing of the tank for your thoughts.
Thanks,
J.C.
jcwarlock@yahoo.com