2700 gallon aquarium pics

doahh

Originally Posted by ace223
how much did this project cosy you? i'm looking into doing the same thing.

If you actually read the thread it costed him 3,700 dollars

mike22cha

That can't be acurate no offense. Installing an aquarium that big just in the wall would cost that much and a big skimmer, filtration, mixing all that water, the pounds of sand, pounds of live rock, maybe he only mentioned costs for certain areas.

bill109

no where near.
in another thread justforfun has a 1600 gal tank going in for about 75K for everything,,

brenden

Guys, keep in mind the 1,600 gallon aquarium is being made by ATM. A company which builds tanks, obviously a tank made by a company is going to cost more than a tank which is home made. Also the tank for 75K is a custom shape which is hard to do, will require bending / warping. That price also includes delivery, installment, and I would assume all of the filteration. Obviously ATM is going to charge more for everything becasue they themselves need to purchase the materials and a price from another source. Requiums tank however was built all by himself, which would have saved him lots of money, and as stated before, he knows alot of people in the hobby which helps, trust me. So its very possible that he did build the tank for around $3,300, why would he lie?

mike22cha

Did he say it cost that for building and everything or just building? I don't know but if it did cost that then I'd be amazed.

hefner413

There is a huge cost difference in the types of supplies - huge tanks made out of ALL glass or acrylic cost a ton more than making a "tank" out of block. requiem seems to have simply made a small pool with a couple windows. The glass windows probably cost him the most on the "tank" itself. If he would have made an acrylic tank that size, it would have cost a fortune.

mike22cha

Yes I know building a pond or pool would be easier, but I just don't see how it could cost that much for an inwall. Glass is expensive trust me I know. I've been planning on a small pond for a while and have asked a lot of questions at another site, and learned a lot. If the smallest pond (around 300g) with no glass costs 1600$ then how can a 2700cost 3700$. I wish requiem were here and give us updates and pics.

am00re34

he said that 3k was for the tank and the filters he had. That sounds about right, but that didnt include: sand, rock, lights, stand, fish, etc. The tank and filters are really the least expensive part of this hobby.

mike22cha

Ok I'll believe that if it's just tank and filters. If bought used it can be cheap, but looking at all the fish in there +a bonnet, I'm sure that anlone ranked up with the tank and filters price wise.

hefner413

the bonnet was from florida - he caught it, and drove back with it in the back of his car.
btw - He'll be surprised how his thread has carried on without him here :eek:)

hefner413

Originally Posted by requiem
ThaNgBom the aquarium is painted with pool epox.
salty chee I am going to keep a black tip reef for 4 years then up grade to a larger size also I am going to keep a bonnet head shark
guineawhop the aquarium with acrylic cost me $1650.00
and the rest cost me $1000
total cost $2650.00 with no fish

here's his post about his cost - and the pic of the car rig up is #104
crazy stuff

mike22cha

If I'm not mistaken, I saw his bonnet for sale on an bidding site. I don't know if it sold or not. But there is a chance he does not have his shark anymore.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by fishyCPA
Maybe, but does he still have the tank up and running?
Ya I don't remember what he said he was going to do with it though.

krj-1168

IT's possible to build a 2700 gallon tank for about a 1 per gallon. Especially - if you make the tank out of mostly Plywood, & Fiberglass with a few small windows.