brandan

Originally Posted by SUDC
I'm with crimzy, i really don't understand what they did wrong
You let your sister make an impulse buy having no clue what she was getting? I didn't even see in your story that she even ASKED them what they were or compatability. What did she even ask them and what did they say?
They are damsels. Even the noobs of all noobs know that damsels are very AGGRESSIVE fish. And these are called BLUE DEVILS!!! Hmmmmm. damsels named "blue devils", wonder how they will act?????

As much as *****(and alot of lfs) do

[hr]
up, i gotta put the blame here squarely on you and your sister, not ***** or their employees.
X3!!!!!!!!! I see NOTHING that goes onto *****. You are right about some people that work there, they BS because they do not know much about the animal, whether it be small animals, avians, herps, or aquatics. When you put a complete stranger on the spot, and they do not know the answer, they get nervous and just give out an answer because most people are afraid to say "I am not quite sure, let me get someone more knowledgeable for you."
This post had nothing at all to do with *****. You are simply looking for someone to blame since you do not want to blame your sister for buying a fish over the phone, because you were to impatient to do it yourself. How the heck was the person supposed to know what you had in your tank, or that you didn't have 3 tanks, and each one was going in a different tank???? How did they know you weren't using them for feeders, some people do use damsels for feeders you know, espcially when they are 3 for $9. Like I said, I agree that a lot of people at ***** are there to just have a job, but HOWEVER, some people that work there are very knowledgeable. You can not treat ***** as a company, you must treat it as a LFS, simply because every single ***** in this country is different. . . .

brandan

Originally Posted by Grouperlover
Ya your right i was just to stupid to read anything cause i figured i would listen to them cause i thought they new what they where doin but your right it was my fault but i beileve that these stores shouldnt hire people like this because there pointing people in the wrong direction everyday on what to do
For future record, you should ALWAYS cross-reference your information/research. Not just in SW care, but in life. Whether it be buying insurance, BUYING A HOUSE, or even buying something that is a small $3 fish. . . . I am not mad, just frustrated with ignorant people. If we all listened to the first people that we talked to, we wouldn't be living in a free country right now. . . . .

nigerbang

Originally Posted by Brandan
X3!!!!!!!!! I see NOTHING that goes onto *****. You are right about some people that work there, they BS because they do not know much about the animal, whether it be small animals, avians, herps, or aquatics. When you put a complete stranger on the spot, and they do not know the answer, they get nervous and just give out an answer because most people are afraid to say "I am not quite sure, let me get someone more knowledgeable for you."
This post had nothing at all to do with *****. You are simply looking for someone to blame since you do not want to blame your sister for buying a fish over the phone, because you were to impatient to do it yourself. How the heck was the person supposed to know what you had in your tank, or that you didn't have 3 tanks, and each one was going in a different tank???? How did they know you weren't using them for feeders, some people do use damsels for feeders you know, espcially when they are 3 for $9. Like I said, I agree that a lot of people at ***** are there to just have a job, but HOWEVER, some people that work there are very knowledgeable. You can not treat ***** as a company, you must treat it as a LFS, simply because every single ***** in this country is different. . . .

florida joe

For future record, you should ALWAYS cross-reference your information/research. Not just in SW care, but in life. Whether it be buying insurance, BUYING A HOUSE, or even buying something that is a small $3 fish. . . . I am not mad, just frustrated with ignorant people. If we all listened to the first people that we talked to, we wouldn't be living in a free country right now. . . . .
Im just trying to find a $3.00 fish

hammerhed7

One thing worth mentioning is it all depends who is in charge of their fish dept, of the many *****'s in my area most are terrible, but there is one where the manager is a hobbyist himself, and he does a good job taking care of the fish, he has actually turned around the store he works in, the tanks are clean, and disease free. However before he was there it was the worst store I had seen. I give him credit because he is a hobbyist himself. He has told me initially he was given a hard time by the store manager for spending too much time caring for the tanks, tryin to get them on track.
Another thing worth considering, is to find out when your local store gets deliveries, and buy the fish before they are put into the store tanks. You still get they great price, but avoid the stores problems if they have any. However QT is a must.

Originally Posted by NigerBang
So what you were new..Tons of new ppl still do research or will at least ask other stores, They didnt crash your tank...You did...No big deal...Everyone has to start somewhere...But they didnt...You did..Don't put off the blame on others...My first tank crashed..With some REALLY bad advice from a LFS....But they didnt do it..I did...
Why would you even bring that up... That has nothing to do with the post. Nor does it help anybody here. Keep your condescending complex to yourself.... Does no good for people trying to learn.

brandan

Originally Posted by florida joe
Im just trying to find a $3.00 fish
$9 divided 3 times is $3, the Damsels were 3 for $9. . . . . Come on man. . .

florida joe

$9 divided 3 times is $3, the Damsels were 3 for $9. . . . . Come on man. . .
like i said im still trying to find a 3 dollar fish ...... man ... but thanks for the math lesson

wiluven

Originally Posted by srfisher17
***** is a mass merchandiser; you could be getting fish from the cat person while the fish person, who isn't well trained anyway, is at lunch. Buying fish from ***** would be like buying a Rolex at Wal-Mart.
Sidenote - your analogy makes no sense :p Walmart doesn't make the Rolex ... Rolex does. As long as it's genuine, get it anywhere that has the cheapest cost.
Sorry!

brandan

Originally Posted by Wiluven
Sidenote - your analogy makes no sense :p Walmart doesn't make the Rolex ... Rolex does. As long as it's genuine, get it anywhere that has the cheapest cost.
Sorry!

X2, thats very true. They all come from the ocean right???? How can a supplier control the disease a fish has?

florida joe

Well I did learn something from this post how to divide, and we live in a free country although when I visit Arlington, or speak with other Vietnam vets it just does not seem to be so free but I guess that’s food for another post