280g Reef Tank Pics

kylev

Just thought I'd share some recent pic of my 280g L reef tank. Basic info on the tank is as follows
Equip
-reef octo skimmer
-(2) ATI 48" 6x54W powermodules
-(4) MP40's
-100 g sump
-20 g refug
-Apex Aqua Controller
-(2) 48" led moonlight strips
-ATO
-(2) 500w titanium finnex heaters
Livestocks
-Hippo
-Purple tang
-true perc pair
-crosshatch pair
-starry, midas blenny
-flame angel
-green mandarin
-female flame wrasse
-snails (nesarius, mexican turbo, etc)
-15+assorted shrimp
-5 emerald crabs
-BTA
-maxi mini carpet anemone
-assorted softies with few LPS and SPS
Thoughts and suggetions are much appreciated. Theres one pic in there of my peacock mantis in a 30g too
ums.saltwaterfish.com/image/id/495607/width/1000/height/500" />

kylev

Thanks nike, It's been running since sept and has been a lot of fun, with minimal headaches so far. My biggest loss has been the super male and other female flame wrasse going MIA.

nikesb

yikes, ive still got my super male and female, 3 months now. half way to six months. i think your tank would really be nice with some huge SPS in there

kylev

I couldnt agree more. I've just been trying out some small frags of sps to see what my lights can support but so far everything has done very well. Any specfic reconmendations you think would do well?

al&burke

Man it looks beautiful, I like the shots where you can see the depth of the tank on the corners. It looks endless. And the blennie shot is really cool. All the fish look really healthy.

nikesb

ORA red planet
Shades of Fall Nasuta
Pink lemonade
Rainbow Nasuta
Aqua delight
Crayola acro
just some of the ones i like. checkout the starburst monti cap and tyree flower petal cap, very beautiful monti caps

1guydude

umm wow! Very nice tank man or women lol....This must be ur life! I couldnt imagine, water changes, maintence ect.
Wats with the mp10s and 40s? How come theres only half of the ph in the tank. I cant really afford one to find out but anf info is app.
Again Great Tank!!!!!!!

kylev

Maintenance isn't to bad I have garbage cans set up for top offs and w/c that I just rotate a pump around in. The motor of the MP40 sits outside of the tank which is why you see half the ph outside of it
Thanks everyone

kylev

yes it is and tenecor made it for me. I'm very happy with everything about the tank except for how easy the arcylic scratches.