29 Gallon Fish Selection

treble

I have a 29 gallon aquarium with a prizm skimmer and a HOT filter sponge. I have 1 six-line wrasse, I was wondering what would it be ok to add a snowflake eel, coral beauty, and possibly something else? Thanks alot for replys, Evan

striker

Coral beauty sounds fine but I'd definitely stay away from a snowflake eel. They require large aquariums(100gallon+) and shouldn't be housed with small fish that can fit into its mouth.

grayne

The eel would probably be a no-no, but the coral beauty would probably be ok. As far as additions a royal gramma would be nice and clowns are always fun.

bang guy

I don't believe you will be successful with the Coral Beauty. This is a very active fish that does best in a good sized reef tank. I'm not familiar with keeping Eels but I've seen 3' Snowflakes in the Bahamas rather often. That's a pretty big fish for a 29.
A pair of Tank Bred Percs or Banggai Cardinalfish would work very well.

blutang

I would advise you to leave the Coral Beauty alone and get a royal gramma and maybe a clown.....29 gallons isn't much for 3 fish.

jawfish177

i've had my coral beauty for about a year now and this is by far one of my favorite fishes in the reef tank... i put him in after giving the tank a year to mature.. he enjoys grazing in and around the LR...
i think that you'll be able to get away with a dwarf angel as long as your tank is matured...
other fishes to look at are:
jawfish (blue-dot or yellowhead)
firefish (orange or purple)
blennies
royal gramma (don't get a jawfish is you have this fish)
banggai cardinals
hope this helps.. check out my signature for my 29 reef set-up...

K

keiko

I dunno... 6/6 ppl have already warned u away from the eel. Remember, it's 1'' fish/5gal. PLUS, you have to account for the size of the fish AFTER it's full grown, not the size they are when u first buy them! :eek:
Happy hunting!

clarkiiboi

I had an eel about a month ago and gave it back and it was in a 75 gall. Honestly, it hid most of the time and only came out when time for feeding, and it ate, ALOT! And grew 2 inches in about 2 months. (11 in. when taken back) I did some research and found that my 75 was not big enough for it, so your tank would not be a good home for it. Also a messy eater, and cant or shouldnt have cleanup crew with it (they make nice snacks later on).

fshhub

dwarf angel could be ok, but as mentioned be careful to wait for the tank to mature well first, and i like the actual dsuggestions given
clowns OR cardinals OR firefish OR any combo mentioned, i would keep the numbers down though to probably 3 fish(smaller ones too), maybe four depending on what you choose, and DEFINITELY stay away from the eels in a 29