29g biocube, attempt number two.

pa7reefpa7

I was referring to the aquatic life skimmer. I cant remember fully now what was said but something to do with extending an airline to prevent clogs and something else to quiet it down.

pa7reefpa7

Well earlier this morning I ordered the remora. Wish I would have waited seekng another person gave a +1 for the aqualife. Just have to wait and see, hopefully it works out. Just an update, the cuc went in last sat and have been doing fine. Amonia and trites are stable. Had some serious algea growth but the cuc took care of it. Now if I can just keep it away.

pa7reefpa7

O and I did a four gallon water change last night. Just have some mirco bubbles I cant figure out where they are from.

rlablan

Sometimes bubbles just happen.
I get them occasionally. I make sure to shut off ALL equipment when I so a water change, this way, they don't suck in air.
Some systems just get a gulp of air every now and then and it will get stuck in the filter/line and come out at random times. The best thing to do is just watch the system and see if you can spot it. I can usually see whats up after looks at everything "under the hood" for a minute or two.
Algae is a good thing, it's a sign that there is some life and goings on in the tank :) Annoying though.

spanko

Biocubes are notorious for a small air leak where the hose from the return pump meets the elbow going back into the tank.

pa7reefpa7

I think I might try and angle down the return. It is tilted all the way up right now and really churns up the water which is important to me with a glass top and gas exchange. I notice bubbles forming that I dont see coming out of the return but seem to form at surface. Kind of a bad explanation but I hope someone can understand what I mean.

pa7reefpa7

Update: two O.clowns, a group of mushrooms, and a colony of zoas. They went in saturday afternoon and everyone seems healthy/happy. Pics to follow tonight.

spanko

I like the layout of the rockwork.
As I look into my crystal ball I see you in the future asking "how do I get rid of these darn blue mushrooms. They are everywhere!!!"

spanko

The Zoanthids, if you isolate the rock, will pretty much stay there. The shrooms however will blow all over the place.

rlablan

If they grow close together, you can "rake your finger tips through them swiftly. They will pop right off!
I used to have a group and I loved them. They never took over any corals, they only grew/attached in spots where nothing else was. I had some tank issues and I lost them. I have not been able to find them in AZ!!
You can send them to me

I have red shrooms and purple now. Mine don't grow Like the blues did... I miss them.