29g cube after 3 years away. Tank is 7months old.

tampashane

So after the wife and I split I broke down my old biocube and after 3 years without it I started having withdraws. My new Tank has been running about 7 months now and so I decided to post some pics. Wasnt looking to make another diary but as my tank is established and healthy Im looking for suggestions maby on something else to get. Its pretty full now so I'm looking to get 1 or 2 more special pieces. Let me know if you have a good idea please. Here are some pics taken with my phone so as you know the colors dont come through as it does in person. Hope you enjoy.

tampashane

Thanks guys. The only fish I have in there is a Hawk fish and a Bicolor Blenny. I dont like crowding my fish so I havent been able to decide on my 3rd and last fish yet. Been looking around for months but I want something special since Im only going to keep 3 fish in there.

tampashane

So I ot a couple new corals today and this gorg is probable the most awesome ive seen so far. My new acro came with a couple acro crabs. and my nuclears look intense with the blue leds.

tampashane

So I changed everything around and traded some things out for new pieces and this is how it now looks. Ok so it might be a little over crowded but its ok because if it starts to affect anything I can just throw some stuff in the 180g. What do ya'll think?

beardedbee

hi.... so 29 gal bio cube ..i am a newbee and am 3 weeks into my 29 gal bio cube ....doing good but i am thinking about replacing the bio ball set up with gravel and micro algae with a light ,..probably a protean skimmer ...are you still using bio-balls or what is your current set up ??????
thanks bb

tampashane

Thanks for the replies. Beardedbee, I am actually still using the Bioballs. I have tried everything under the sun with the biocubes. My last tank i had my heater in the first chamber, 2nd chamber was sand, some live rock rubble and chatoe with an underwater led with my skimmer in the 3rd chamber. This time around I have my skimmer in the 1st chamber with my heater and everything else left as is. I did remove the hood and added 2 marineland led strips. I believe as long as you do what your supposed to do and dont over feed either way you choose would be fine. I do a 10% water change every 2 weeks and once a month i clean the bioballs and thats it and my nitrates never get above .05. I did spend a lot of time selecting my clean up crew, as well as stocking certain corals to help filter like my clams( ok well not a coral) and feather dusters. I have a Diamond goby to work the sand bed and a few small brittle stars. I think in a small tank you have to have it all working together to keep everything stable because it can go south really really fast with such little water. I dont like to admit it but I have gone as long as 3 months without doing a water change and my nitrates were still at zero granted all the trace elements were probably gone but that only happened once. Only thing Im going to change is the lighting to get a little more blue in there so my big blue monti digitata really pops. Let me know if you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer.
thanks Al&Burke for the positive reply.

tampashane

So one of my favorite lfs's had a black friday sale!! Came across two pieces I just couldnt pass up. I got this awesome chalice for just over $100. its about 7-8 inches long and maby 5 or 6 wide which I thought was a good deal and picked up some blue hornet zoas which has 12 polyphs on it for $40 which around here they sell between 20-30 per polyph. pretty happy about this find. Take a look.