29g The Not So Nano... Nano

worrballer

Thanks guys! I need some help though. Any ideas how to weigh the bottom down?
I'm thinking of just getting live rock but if there is something clever I'm not thinking of I'd like to give it a whirl.
A dumbbell? Mind power? Lead sand?

worrballer

Lol I love days off, I get to spend all day on this site.
Here is a picture of the tank filled with freshwater (to rinse and hopefully get rid of residual resin)

And as I was staring at my empty tank I remembered I had some left over eggcrate and...

Just wedged it in there to the back is now flat (well sort of the foam distorted the eggcrate a bit) and the top sits under the lip. No more floating!

snakeblitz33

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2905863
You could use some silicone to "glue" the bottom edges to the bottom glass.
agreed. Silicone works wonders. Also, when your done with it much later on, you can clean it off with a razor. easy-peasy

camfish

If I could redo my 29, i'd do the foam back...it looks great. I can't wait to see this thing when you get some corals.

worrballer

Thanks camfish, I can't wait either!
I ran out of silicone with the rocks (which was pointless but oh well). If I foam another tank thats probably what I'll do. Besides, the eggcrate works great, thanks for the suggestions though.
So two days into adding fresh water it still smells like the resin. I drained it yesterday in hopes that it'll go away. We'll see though.
Oh and with the ac50 I got, I have no place to hang it because the foam comes out too much
I'll just trim the one area, no biggie. It just seems that with these DIY projects there are always a bunch of little things that you can't foresee lol
After this weekend..... SALT!!!!!!!!

gobywankenoobi

Looking better bro! Oh and did you hear I got worms lol a peanut worm, maybe you guys could come over for dinner this week and check it out.

worrballer

NEW STUFF!!!!!!!

Daylights

Actinic

Both

So as you can see I bought two fixtures. I put the actinics in one and the daylights in the other so I can run them on different timers. Its gonna look BA

worrballer

Just added saltwater today, letting the sand clear.
I picked up some rock yesterday, good-looking pieces too. I'll post some pictures once once the water clears.
Let the cycling begin!

worrballer

Thanks for the comments guys.
This is probably the last week of heavy updates. School starts back up on Tuesday; then I'll be busy busy busy.

Also I'm thinking of ghost feeding to kick start this bad boy. Any thoughts, experiences, issues with ghost feeding?

worrballer

So before work I look in my tank and see this:

Anyone know what this is? It's about as thick as your pinky and 4-5 in long; dark maroon with spines along the body. I couldn't discern a head as it was curled up.

worrballer

FTS before I head to bed.

New live rock:

Tried messing with the white balance didn't work out so well (daylights are on in this pic)

worrballer

Since stocking this bad bow is rapidly approaching I believe it is time to finalize my stock list.
So far this is what I'd like:
Fish:
2 x Ocellaris Clowns
1 x Royal Gramma
1 x Yellow wrasse
Inverts:
1 x Fighting conch
10 x nass snails
10 x astrea snails
5 x turbo snails
1 x cleaner shrimp
Corals:
Torch
zoas
rics
xenia
gsp
anything that catches my fancy really
Now as far as the fish go which should go in first to avoid any aggression issues. I'll probably do the clowns last as they are pretty much damsels unless someone here can convince me they'd be fine going in first as I'd like something in there to please the wife lol.