29gallon biocube mckevin's progress

mckevinfang

Originally Posted by jpc763
The mods will remove the link if you don't. Posting competitor links is a no-no!
sorry didn't know!! is it good deal tho?

mckevinfang

I honestly didn't go there. Sorry. What was the product and price?
10 corals for $150.00
regular price is 19.99 each
mushrooms
zoo's
toadstool
brain's
plate's
the colors range

alix2.0

looks great mckevinfang! nice setup, keep these pics, in a year it will look so much different, youll be amazed!

mckevinfang

Originally Posted by alix2.0
looks great mckevinfang! nice setup, keep these pics, in a year it will look so much different, youll be amazed!
thanks means a lot

mckevinfang

CLOWN FISH = "H2O"
FIRE FISH = "TANK"
FIRE SHRIMP = "FEETS"
MY GIRLFRIEND NAMED THEM SHE SAID NAME THEM WHATEVER COMES TO MIND LOL..
THEY LOVING THEIR NEW HOME

SORRY THE PICTURES ARE KIND OF BLURRY I NEED TO GET A CAMERA RIGHT NOW ITS JUST MY CELL PHONE

jpc763

Originally Posted by mckevinfang
10 corals for $150.00
regular price is 19.99 each
mushrooms
zoo's
toadstool
brain's
plate's
the colors range
Prices look good. How much is shipping and do they have a guarantee?

nemo2

ok so is it ok to buys some snails too? whats the best kind and how many? i'm going to my LFS tomorrow to buy 3 corals any suggestions? i know the basics like mushrooms but what color? i want the tank very colorful any suggestions? KAT said a brain whats a cool and popular color?
I would go with some astrea/turbo snails. They are great algae eaters and will help keep your tank glass clean. Also, the Nasserius snails are cool too. They live in the sand bed and I think they are neat to watch. They do a great job of keeping the sand bed clean without messing up your good bacteria. I would keep 1-2 cleaning crew for every lb of LR. Get some hermit crabs, either scarlet or blue legs, and try some emerald crabs. They are all peaceful, fun to watch, and great at eating algae. Cleaning crew, for the most part, are pretty inexpensive. They add a lot of activity to the tank. Let me know what you decide on!

mckevinfang

Prices look good. How much is shipping and do they have a guarantee?

its a LFS but is other online like EhBaAhY (read cap letters) trust worthy?

mckevinfang

- 6 astrial snails
- 1 turbo snail
- 5 corals
- 2 feather dusters
the fishes are still curious about the new additions and are staying in the back corner?

jpc763

Awsome! Looking great.
BTW, do you live in the City? I was born in SF and grew up in the South Bay.

mckevinfang

Awsome! Looking great.
BTW, do you live in the City? I was born in SF and grew up in the South Bay.
yeah i live in daly city, CA.

mckevinfang

my Fire Fish Died!!!!!
I Dont Know What Happened He Seemed Fine Yesterday He Ate Swam Around But When I Got Home From Work He Was Belly Up At The Bottom Corner Of The Tank!! His Eyes Were Puffy What Could Have Happened?
Does Any OneThink Its The Corals Or Feather Dusters??
I Only Bought 5 Today
- 1 Neon Green Mushroom
- 1 Orange Plate Coral
- 1 Brown Purple Zoa
- 2 That I Dont Know The Name (one Is Neon Green Brown Stem And The Other Is Purple With Neon Green Dot I Think Ones A Zoa)
Feather Dusters
- 1 Hawaiian Feather Duster
- 1 I Dont Know The Origin Yet Its White And Purple
Im Going To Give Him A Proper Burial!
R.I.P "tank" The Fire Fish
What Should I Do Now?

matt b

my Fire Fish Died!!!!!
I Dont Know What Happened He Seemed Fine Yesterday He Ate Swam Around But When I Got Home From Work He Was Belly Up At The Bottom Corner Of The Tank!! His Eyes Were Puffy What Could Have Happened?
Does Any OneThink Its The Corals Or Feather Dusters??
I Only Bought 5 Today
- 1 Neon Green Mushroom
- 1 Orange Plate Coral
- 1 Brown Purple Zoa
- 2 That I Dont Know The Name (one Is Neon Green Brown Stem And The Other Is Purple With Neon Green Dot I Think Ones A Zoa)
Feather Dusters
- 1 Hawaiian Feather Duster
- 1 I Dont Know The Origin Yet Its White And Purple
Im Going To Give Him A Proper Burial!
R.I.P "tank" The Fire Fish
What Should I Do Now?
whats ur water reading?

K

kat74

awww.... I'm SOOO sorry to hear about the loss of your firefish!~

The addition of the corals shouldn't affect anything. Did you check your water parameters just to see if anything was "off"?
In the beginning of the hobby for me, I lost a purple firefish, a small clownfish and a bicolor blenny. I was using Nutri-sea Water for my water changes, which is water that is already premixed. Anyway, I trusted what the label said, that the Specific Gravity was 1.027. After those fish died, I checked all my parameters, and included the Specific Gravity. It broke my heart when I discovered that the SG was 1.032 in my tank which was too high for those poor little fish to acclimate to when they were coming from my LFS, whose SG was 1.024, so they died from the shock. Now, I check everything before and after I add things "just to make sure" because it always sucks to lose something. I lost my fairy wrasse Thursday and still have no clue what happened to him.

My sympathies to you...
On a positive note, your corals look great and I absolutely LOVE those feather dusters!~

mckevinfang

Originally Posted by KAT74
awww.... I'm SOOO sorry to hear about the loss of your firefish!~

The addition of the corals shouldn't affect anything. Did you check your water parameters just to see if anything was "off"?
In the beginning of the hobby for me, I lost a purple firefish, a small clownfish and a bicolor blenny. I was using Nutri-sea Water for my water changes, which is water that is already premixed. Anyway, I trusted what the label said, that the Specific Gravity was 1.027. After those fish died, I checked all my parameters, and included the Specific Gravity. It broke my heart when I discovered that the SG was 1.032 in my tank which was too high for those poor little fish to acclimate to when they were coming from my LFS, whose SG was 1.024, so they died from the shock. Now, I check everything before and after I add things "just to make sure" because it always sucks to lose something. I lost my fairy wrasse Thursday and still have no clue what happened to him.

My sympathies to you...
On a positive note, your corals look great and I absolutely LOVE those feather dusters!~

i took a sample to 2 LFS and they said my water parameters were fine normal ranges. they said it may have eaten something in the tank that made it sick? but yeah thanks.
i think ill wait a while to get a new fish

matt b

i took a sample to 2 LFS and they said my water parameters were fine normal ranges. they said it may have eaten something in the tank that made it sick? but yeah thanks.
i think ill wait a while to get a new fish

you should really work on getting your own test kit. i hate trusting mine bcus half the ppl that work there have never even had a SW tank befor