3 CLowns Found Dead This morning....

cj96ss

So heres the deal i have had these 2 orange nemo looking clowns for a little over a month now. Great fish very active.... Last week I bought a black and white clown..... They where all getting along great... Yesterday i get home and they all look like they are shedding skin is falling off and all that stuff...Well This morning i awake all three next to each other laying in the sand dead,
70 bucks gone like that
any theorys....... My yellow tang is alive and yellow tip dasmel ...... Hermits and snails all still good feather dusters out and alive,,

jpc763

Sounds like your black and white brought something with him from the LFS.
How did you acclimate? Did you QT?
Can you give your tank parameters?
Size
Filtration
Parameters (Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite, pH, Temp and Salinity)?
Sorry for your loss.

florida joe

sorry for your loss
Im assuming you did not QT the black and white. Even so what is the exact time line from the time the black and white was introduced until all three were found dead. A ninety-gallon tank is a size where sudden death may indicate something other then your usual parasites being introduced by a new fish IMO

bang guy

Your new Clownfish introduced Brooklynelle most likely. Textbook case of why a quaranteen tank is a must.

florida joe

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/2504032
Your new Clownfish introduced Brooklynelle most likely. Textbook case of why a quaranteen tank is a must.
Bang do you think Brooklynella would kill so quickly and he not noticing any of the usual signs. I have dealt with it before and it is indeed a quick killer but again it does have its definitive signs .But the Shedding skin does sound like the great amount of slime produced when a fish has Brooklynelle

bang guy

Originally Posted by florida joe
http:///forum/post/2504052
Bang do you think Brooklynelle would kill so quickly and he not noticing any of the usual signs. I have dealt with it before and it is indeed a quick killer but again it does have its definitive signs .But the Shedding skin does sound like the great amount of slime produced when a fish has Brooklynelle

A big clue was that it only affected the Clownfish. Yeah, I do think it can kill that quickly if the fish are stressed. Three Clownfish in the same tank is stressful.
But, it was just a best guess.

cj96ss

Well im gonna go to the fish store and get my water check there for precise readings.... It started 2 days ago I noticed one of my orange Clowns have Stringy poop .. I was like nothing to bad But i did notice at Night the Black one a few days earlier was looking spotty only when the lights where off....Yesterday I come home and Like I said it looked like the two orange ones where shedding there skin really bad on there top fin just look like the clear part was coming off.... Anyways I did a 20 gallon water change last night Because i new something was wrong... When the lights where off i looked at the clown the 2 orange where on the ground still moving but no where as active as before and the black was swimming around but he did not look right have of his black was very pale it was wierd looking... This morning all 3 of them together bodies all right next to each other in the sand...
Again I am home and my Yellow Tang and Yellow tip Dasmel are swimming and fine..

cj96ss

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/2504032

i tryed to google Brooklynelle no luck any help with a deffinition

shogun323

I agree with Guy. It sounds like textbook Brooklynella. Brook is a rapid killer. Often by the time you are able to notice the symptoms and diagnose, it is too late.
Furthermore, as Guy noted only your clowns were infected.

sammyjoe

I think this is the same disease that is killing all my fish. Where does it come from? And if an infected fish has it how long for it to show signs because all my fish have been fine for months and now all the sudden I've lost four fish to this slimey looking disease and now my lawnmower blenny looks bad.
What is weird it did not start with a clown but a puffer, then took both my clowns and my mandarin.Whats the best way to get rid of this before anymore of my fish come down with it and if it does kill all my fish will it stay in my tank for when I decide to try fish again?