3 tangs in a tank

hello would hree tangs in a 125 be to much because iv seen people on this wedsite have all three of the tangs i wast in smaller tanks so im all tossed up all info would be helpful
PS the tangs and yellow tang wich i already have he is about two inches long and i want a small sailfin tang and a blue hippo thanks for all the help

errattiq

should be ok for the most part, I'd rearrange the rocks right before I add the sailfin and hippo that way the yellow tang won't be as territorial because you'll essentially destroy his "turf" opening it up to newcomers.... Those yellows are one of the more aggressive tangs, so be careful.

whitey

I'm gonna say no.
That Yellow will likely become very territorial especially since he's already been in there.
Plus, if you do, you'll probably get flamed.
JMO

V

vinnyraptor

if the new arrivals are slightly larger than the existing yellow i wouldn't worry. as long as all 3 have lots of rockwork/caves everyone should get along. feed them often the first week or so. my tangs made friends grazing on algae clips together...
Originally Posted by fish are good
http:///forum/post/2810182
thanks all but still need more advice

bill109

6 ft tank?
i say go ahead, just as mentioned re arrange some rock.
if they are all close size it won be a problem, what i did when i introduced my hippo to my already established yellow i put the fish in a huge clear bag and moved him around the tank to see how the other tang would react. all in all it went very well.
make sure you LR is aplenty, creating caves gaps ets.

-tara33-

i have a hippo and a yellow in a 250 gallon and they are fine but they still show each other off sometimes and have the odd nip and chace, and its a big tank im about to put a xL male lipstick tang in there to but thats pushing it for me, imo i would stick with 2 instead of three pref the hippo they seem better mannerd than the sailfin.

purpletang1

I would say yes, just make sure they are all around the same size and like someone said earlier, move the rock around so the Yellow doesn't have his "turf" anymore. I don't think Yellow tangs are that aggresive, that my opinion. I have a purple tang and he is very aggresive.

wangotango

Just remember that sailfins and hippos get BIG. While you do have a six foot tank, IMO loading it with larger tangs may not be a good idea.
Have you looked at the Kole tang?
-Justin

saka bra

deffinately i have 4 tangs in my 125g and there not small eithter. most people would think that is cruel, but they get along fine no fighting. when you put the fish in, be shure that there is enogh rock in there and properly aqua scaped so there are caves and crevices. have healthy water so that the fish are not stressed out when they see eachother. have the two newcomers slightly larger than the established tang so that the old one would think twice before trying to attack the newcomer

dse

Hi i have a yellow tang and a Flame Fin Tomini Tang they get on great the yellow is bigger about 3x bigger and they get on great plus the Flame Fin Tomini Tang is a beauty.. so imo buy one they top dog

I have a Blue, Yellow and Sohal Tang in my 175 gallon. All is good, the Sohal is aggressive at times, but mostly just will chase a bit, not bite or nip.

puffin04

Yes i have 7 tangs in my 125 SPS frag tank with no sand, and maybe 50 pounds of live rock that are fat and healthy. They are
Red Sea Sailfin (show size) had him for years
Hawaii sailfin (4in)
4 scopus tangs (3in)
Vlmingi (5in) got him tiny they grow fast!!!
Also
4 clowns Trues
Engineer goby that looks like an eel
5 chromis
2 cardinals
Also have a 75 with
3 yellow tangs (3-4in) grown them from tiny]
blue hippo(tiny)
BIG foxface grounded for picking on my clams
engineer goby
mandrian
three strip damsel
2 cardinals
Thanks no one is stress no one fights and all are very healthy and fat. Also zero nitrates, and phosphates with heavy feeding. Water changes once a month. Thanks
Steffen Sparks

m0nk

Originally Posted by puffin04
http:///forum/post/2826817
Yes i have 7 tangs in my 125 SPS frag tank with no sand, and maybe 50 pounds of live rock that are fat and healthy. They are
Red Sea Sailfin (show size) had him for years
Hawaii sailfin (4in)
4 scopus tangs (3in)
Vlmingi (5in) got him tiny they grow fast!!!
Also
4 clowns Trues
Engineer goby that looks like an eel
5 chromis
2 cardinals
Also have a 75 with
3 yellow tangs (3-4in) grown them from tiny]
blue hippo(tiny)
BIG foxface grounded for picking on my clams
engineer goby
mandrian
three strip damsel
2 cardinals
Thanks no one is stress no one fights and all are very healthy and fat. Also zero nitrates, and phosphates with heavy feeding. Water changes once a month. Thanks
Steffen Sparks
Seriously? It might work for you in some weird, unnatural way, but that will not work for 95% of the people out there in the hobby.
My opinion is don't get the hippo if you want 3 tangs total, and don't have an even number of zebrasoma tangs in the same tank. IF you want to get the sailfin and yellow to get along in the same tank, you should have the third tang be another zebrasoma. Anything smaller than say a 150 will raise territorial issues with even numbers of this type of tang. Even still, that yellow might already be in it's territory such that it will get aggressive with any new tangs. Re-arranging some rockwork will likely be a good idea for that.
Good luck, and be sure to watch any new additions carefully for aggression.