30 Gallon reef

goobe

has anyone had any experiance with B-ionic 2 part?
i was looking into buying that. I have no clue how dosing works though

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobe http:///forum/thread/382939/30-gallon-reef/20#post_3346324
has anyone had any experiance with B-ionic 2 part?
i was looking into buying that. I have no clue how dosing works though
I use it on my tanks that don't run a Ca reactor.
Before you start dosing, you need to be testing, what are your readings? In a 30G, water changes should be enough to keep levels.

goobe

yeah im not overly concerned about my cal and alk dropping. i do a water change every weekish lol( i get lazy). im just asking since im adding a lot of SPS and clams. will those corals be enough to counter my water changes
ATM my cal is 440 and my alk is 10. i tested them last night
anyways i was snooping through some pics and i found some really funny pictures of my first ever salt water tank

as you can see i had a single K1, stock lighting , and a nano protein skimmer.
lol i did have a blast with it though.
oh i did find my very frist coral i had and still have ill show you the growth

apparently i thought having the picture SUPER blue was cool. lol
here it is in my tank now with 4 heads.

goobe

hey guys, i was looking into getting a vortech pump
i was looking at the MP10, though im kinda drawn to the MP40.
do you guys think the MP40 would be overkill? and would the MP10 be fine as a single Power head

nissan577

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobe http:///forum/thread/382939/30-gallon-reef/20#post_3349666
hey guys, i was looking into getting a vortech pump
i was looking at the MP10, though im kinda drawn to the MP40.
do you guys think the MP40 would be overkill? and would the MP10 be fine as a single Power head
im a big fan of the vortech but the price kills me lol. i would rather go with koralias but hey if you want the vortech go for it bro
as for which model im sure henry(spanko) can help you. he has a MP10 on his nano i think
and its doing an amazing job i can say that.

goobe

yeah moneys not the issue
ive learned that in this hobby its better just to bite the bullter and but the best. it will give you better results
i was just thinking an MP40 incase i ever upgrade.

nissan577

not in every case. sometimes going cheap can give you better results then wasting so much money on the same thing.

goobe

Hey guys,
thanks! for the comments.
so ive started building my light stand. here are so pics.

anyways just a preview

nvmycj

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobe http:///forum/thread/382939/30-gallon-reef#post_3345598
Hey guy,
So ive been in the saltwater game for about over a year now. Ive made my mistakes with lghting , filtration, fine sand, and pests. Ive lost lots of corals and fish. I finaly think my tanks nice enough for a post!
Tank Specs
Display: 30 gallon Breeder
Lighting: ATI Sunpower 6x24w T5HO Fixture
Skimmer: Deltec MCE 600 HOB
Heres somce pics

My fav pic out of them all!
thanks!
The pic with the clown and anem is great? What type of anemone is that? Thanks!

goobe

thanks , yeah its a really good pic.
the nems a green bubble tip anemone. though a little bleached (it was under 400watt MH at the LFS)
i love my clowns. probably the cutest things in the world. the smallest one trys so hard to host in the nem. But the larger one doesnt like it so it settles for the side against the rock.
i was thinking about buying it a small Rose bubble tip

goobe

this pic just breaks my heart. the baby clown isnt aloud in the anemone so he settles for the base.
i think im going to buy him a RBTA soon a small one

flower

My clowns did the same thing...don't get another anemone. The little one will eventually get the females permission to join her. he won't get to wallow as much, but he will be allowed, from there they will share it. Time is all it takes..be happy I had clowns for years before they finally decided to host. I have found it best to let the ocean critters settle their own territory battles.
Your tank look great by the way...and I really I like the way you did your rocks.

goobe

hey guys,
i think im going to sit out on another anemone.
i got pic of my LFS new corals. what do you think of this one. would it be a purple bonzai ??
bc if it is ill buy it.. its forsure browned out

goobe

Hey guys, its been a while sine ive posted.
i took some pics of some new corals i bought.
i also picked up an MP10. Personally i dont think its worth the $300 i paid but oh well its still cool.
anyways here are some pics

this is by far my favorite coral in my tank. its lime green with a hint of pink at the tips

This acro has grown so much since i bought my new lights. though the corals colour has changed colour from deep green to a yellowish. hopefully it will get a better colour back !
anyways hope you like it!