300 Gallon Reef Project

reefeel

Here is a picture of the stand being built the front row is the one side the second is the top the third the bottom and the last row is the other side.

efishnsea

Hey Reefeel
Do you mind telling me how to shrink my pictures. I'm having the same problem and cannot figure it out. Man what a nice tank. You are going to have an awesome setup when your done. I did my 210 myself from top to bottom, what a project...
Good Luck.
efishnsea

maxalmon

How are you going to display the tank? Wall insert? Can't wait to see the tank up and running. My next tank was going to be a 180 or 240, but the more I see them, I start leaning towards a 300 or 400. Mind If I ask why you went with glass over Plexi for a tank of this size?

reefeel

It is going to be a room divider. I went with the starphire glass because I had an 85 gallon acrylic and the scratches drove me crazy, sure you can take them out but that is a pain.

reefeel

We welded the frame together today, tomorrow I am going to grind the stand then Tuesday its off for its powder coat.

reefeel

The tanks stand top and bottom is done, now everything is starting to go in its place and be assembled.

robchuck

Looks like you've got a nice system on the way!

And good call choosing glass over acrylic. Before converting my 300g to a FW planted tank, I'd spend a good 4-5 hours every week just scraping coralline algae off of the viewing panels; not to mention the scratches (even happened with delicate care) that I had to repair on the conversion!

drewsta

Good luck lifting that monster onto the stand!!! :notsure: My 225 was a pain in the @$$ to lift I can only imagine how much that things weighs.... I hope you have a small crane.. It looks awesome so far keep us posted on progress

reefeel

Originally Posted by fishwanabe
is that where it is going to go?
Yep
Drewsta, we're going to get a moving company to move it for us.

candycane

Is that vibration and noise dampening material lined under the stand? If so, where did you get it? I am having trouble finding a sheet of vibration dampening for a stand that large. Odd thing is that the ones that are around 2 feet by 2 feet, my pump just vibrates right off of it, LOL.

reefeel

That is just regular foam board that my sump is going to sit on, but I am looking for rubber to quiet the pumps.

wilsonreef

As far as vibration products are concerned you might try Grainger, which is a commercial parts store with about anything you could ever imagine. Also try your local store that sells air conditioning units. they sell vibration dampeners for putting the units in an attic. Just a thought.